Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Night Court DVD

Night Court DVD

henrichs_1@hotmail.com

Does anyone know when Warner Home Video will release season 2 of Night
Court will come out on DVD? Will it come out before the end of the
year?

How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
that came out in the 80s or early 90s?

Craig Henrichs

Default_User

Because mid 40's something Trekies have never grown up and have no sense of
proportion when it comes to spending money. (Heck, most probably still live
with Momma). They will buy everything that says Star Tek on it regardless of
whether they have the money or not. Can you say "plastic?" The rest of us
budget ourselves to a reasonable amount of these many times frivalous
entertainment purchases. There is no real reason to realease them all at
once. Most of us would not buy them all at once. The Trekie nuts are another
story.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Does anyone know when Warner Home Video will release season 2 of Night
> Court will come out on DVD? Will it come out before the end of the
> year?
>
> How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
> series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
> Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
> that came out in the 80s or early 90s?
>
> Craig Henrichs

Meng

Default_User wrote:
> Because mid 40's something Trekies have never grown up and have no sense of
> proportion when it comes to spending money. (Heck, most probably still live
> with Momma). They will buy everything that says Star Tek on it regardless of
> whether they have the money or not. Can you say "plastic?" The rest of us
> budget ourselves to a reasonable amount of these many times frivalous
> entertainment purchases. There is no real reason to realease them all at
> once. Most of us would not buy them all at once. The Trekie nuts are another
> story.

Ah, a stereotype generaliser. Yawn.

jayembee

> How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
> series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
> Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
> that came out in the 80s or early 90s?

Because Warner (for one) has a hell of a lot more product they're trying to
release, and don't want to glut the market every week. Better for all concerned
to spread the releases out.

-- jayembee

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, jayembee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > How come Viacom/Paramount can release all of the recent Star Trek
> > series' seasons within a year and half to 2 year span, but Sony, Warner
> > Brothers, and Fox take forver to release the next season of TV shows
> > that came out in the 80s or early 90s?

> Because Warner (for one) has a hell of a lot more product they're trying to
> release, and don't want to glut the market every week. Better for all
> concerned
> to spread the releases out.

Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
set.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

jayembee

Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
> forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
> set.

Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?

To be honest, though, I can't think of any series that WB has abandoned.
Certainly nothing that I've been buying. Columbia has. Fox has. But WB?

-- jayembee

nomis

On 2005-09-21 23:03:12 -0400, jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
>> forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
>> set.

> Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
> doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?
>
> To be honest, though, I can't think of any series that WB has abandoned.
> Certainly nothing that I've been buying. Columbia has. Fox has. But WB?
>
> -- jayembee

Yeah! Damn Fox! I'm STILL waiting for season two of both Firefly and
Wonderfalls.

Fascists...
--
nomis

http://www.oozingbrain.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Still, there are some shows that get one season released then are
> > forgotten. WB seems to judge each show by the sales of the last box
> > set.

> Is that unreasonable? They are a business. If one season of a given show
> doesn't sell very well, why should they release more money-losing seasons?

I didn't say it was unreasonable, I was just stating what they seemed
to do. Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Jeff Rife

Invid Fan ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
> fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
> year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
> and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...

Although I don't know why they have done things exactly this way,
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ reported that the Batman and Superman releases
this year would be followed by season sets of Justice League and Batman
Beyond next year. They got their info from a Warner insider, so there is
no date, just a "we're gonna do it", so it may still fall through.

--
Jeff Rife | "Wow, I've never seen you this
| bitter...I like it."
|
| -- Richard Karinsky, "Caroline in the City"

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jeff Rife
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Invid Fan ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> > Their treatment of animated shows has been interesting: the
> > fourth and final Batman: TAS box set is finally due by the end of the
> > year, but they're insisting on releasing newer shows like Teen Titans
> > and Justice League as individual disks. No Batman Beyond set so far...

> Although I don't know why they have done things exactly this way,
> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ reported that the Batman and Superman releases
> this year would be followed by season sets of Justice League and Batman
> Beyond next year. They got their info from a Warner insider, so there is
> no date, just a "we're gonna do it", so it may still fall through.

Until I see it in stores, I don't believe these things

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS