Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best Buy Superbits: $9.99

Best Buy Superbits: $9.99

Roger Zoul

I scanned the headers but I did see this....

Best Buy is selling all of their Superbit titles for $9.99. I bought
several of the titles that I like just yesterday.

Roger Zoul

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:> Roger Zoul wrote:
:>
:>> I scanned the headers but I did see this....

I meant to say that I scanned the headers but I "didn't" see this....

:>>
:>> Best Buy is selling all of their Superbit titles for $9.99. I
:>> bought several of the titles that I like just yesterday.
:>
:> And by way of speculation--
:> Just when WAS the last Sony Superbit title released?

I don't have a clue...but I know they did Spiderman 2.....

And I meant to say that I scanned the headers but I "didn't" see this....

Joshua Zyber

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsTwWe.15920$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And by way of speculation--
> Just when WAS the last Sony Superbit title released?

The Brown Bunny
8/16/05
http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=691988

Derek Janssen

Roger Zoul wrote:

> I scanned the headers but I did see this....
>
> Best Buy is selling all of their Superbit titles for $9.99. I bought
> several of the titles that I like just yesterday.

And by way of speculation--
Just when WAS the last Sony Superbit title released?

Derek Janssen

Goro

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsTwWe.15920$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > And by way of speculation--
> > Just when WAS the last Sony Superbit title released?

> The Brown Bunny
> 8/16/05
> http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=691988

KUNG FU HUSTLE Superbit released fairly recently, also...

-goro-

Joshua Zyber

"Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > And by way of speculation--
>> > Just when WAS the last Sony Superbit title released?

>> The Brown Bunny
>> 8/16/05
>> http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=691988

> KUNG FU HUSTLE Superbit released fairly recently, also...

Kung Fu Hustle wasn't a Superbit. The disc included a commentary and
small batch of supplements, and had not DTS track.

One-Shot Scot

"Roger Zoul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I scanned the headers but I did see this....
>
> Best Buy is selling all of their Superbit titles for $9.99. I bought
> several of the titles that I like just yesterday.

It looks like the Superbit scam has run out of steam. You should not have to
pay a premium price for a properly-mastered DVD.

Yesterday, I saw at least 6 copies of the Superbit version of Jody Foster's
_Panic Room_ in the Wal-Mart bargain bin, priced at $5.50. It didn't seem to
be selling very well.

On the other hand, I would be willing to pay $9.99 for the Superbit version
of _Lawrence of Arabia_. And maybe, _From Here to Eternity_.

Goro

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....-36423&ref=myp

-goro-

Joshua Zyber

"Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> > KUNG FU HUSTLE Superbit released fairly recently, also...

>> Kung Fu Hustle wasn't a Superbit. The disc included a commentary and
>> small batch of supplements, and had no DTS track.

> http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....-36423&ref=myp

We're talking about Region 1 Superbits here, the kind you can purchase
in a Best Buy for $9.99, hence the thread title.

One-Shot Scot

"Roger Zoul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I scanned the headers but I did see this....
>
> Best Buy is selling all of their Superbit titles for $9.99.
> I bought several of the titles that I like just yesterday.

Thanks for the post. I had no idea that Best Buy was having this sale.

This afternoon, I found the following $9.99 Superbit titles at my local Best
Buy:

_Lawrence of Arabia_ and _Snatch_. (The single-disk versions of these titles
were selling for $14.99 each.)

_From Here To Eternity_. (I had reservations about this one: It is a black
and white 4.3:1 aspect ratio movie with a monaural soundtrack. I don't see
how 5.1 DTS/Dolby soundtracks will do much to improve the original mono.)