Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How can I play 2 DVDs at the same time?

How can I play 2 DVDs at the same time?

seniorexecutive@officenet.org

I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

If I can get 2 to work, I may even try 3 at the same time. That way I
can rent more movies.

Impmon

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
>watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
>just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
>big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
>I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
>easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
>how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.

Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
time and then rent only 1 at a time.

Nonymous

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
> watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
> just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
> big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
> I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
> easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
> how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

A *real* executive would just buy a second TV and not think twice about it.

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
> and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
> It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.
>
> Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
> time and then rent only 1 at a time.

*cough* Stop falling for the troll bait Impmon.

AZ Nomad

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
>watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
>just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
>big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
>I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
>easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
>how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

>If I can get 2 to work, I may even try 3 at the same time. That way I
>can rent more movies.

New fangled device: it's called a computer. You can lay the windows any way
you want.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:54:09 -0400, Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500, (E-Mail Removed)
>wrote:
>
>>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
>>watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
>>just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
>>big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
>>I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
>>easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
>>how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

>There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
>and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
>It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.

Where can I get this device? I dont care about the price.

There is no room for two big screen tvs in my home theater, and I
refuse to watch any tv with a screen smaller than 5 feet (mine is
about 8 feet). I have already moved 3 times to get a bigger space for
my theater.

>Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
>time and then rent only 1 at a time.

I will miss too many great movies that way. Life is too short to only
watch one movie at a time. I want to see them all, which goes along
with my lifestyle, because I want everything life has to offer and
will not settle for anything less. I always multitask life. While I
watch movies I am on my exercise machine working out, and eating
dinner at the same time. Most people waste far too much time in their
lives doing one thing at a time.

And for the record, I do have two of those (much too small) tv's in my
car and often watch 2 movies at once while driving to and from work,
in between the cell phone calls.

kaboom

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:25:11 -0400, "Nonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
>> watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
>> just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
>> big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
>> I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
>> easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
>> how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

>A *real* executive would just buy a second TV and not think twice about it.

Or - A *real* executive would hire someone else to watch the other
films.

kaboomie

Jordan

I actually do this.

Connect DVD player #1 to input #1 on the television. Run the audio
cable out to a surround sound system.
Connect DVD player #2 to input #2 on the television. Run the audio
cable to the television itself.

Now just using the Picture in Picture mode on the TV you can have both
pictures side by side. The sound from one will come from the surround
system, the sound from the other will come form the the TV itself.

The key is using the surround sound system for one audio. The PIP sets
I've seen only play the sound from the "primary" picture, not both.

- Jordan

fruitbat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
> watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
> just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
> big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
> I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
> easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
> how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

I'm glad you asked.
I am the only one in my street that listens to 10 different radio stations
simultaneously.
It is the only way that I can handle talk-back.