Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ratDVD

ratDVD

LMO

Hello. I downloaded a video file that has a suffix of .ratDVD. I changed it
to .avi, but only got audio. What am I supposed to do with this file to
enable a/v?
Thanks!

--
LMO
"O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,

Mike S.

In article <dgc20r$3qg$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>,
LMO <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hello. I downloaded a video file that has a suffix of .ratDVD. I changed it
>to .avi, but only got audio. What am I supposed to do with this file to
>enable a/v?

It's a proprietary compressed format that requires the RatDVD player to
view ... something constantly advertised on the freeware newsgroup; a
media viewing concept whose value still eludes me.

Confused

In article <dgc6jj$cms$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mike S.) wrote:

> In article <dgc20r$3qg$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>,
> LMO <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Hello. I downloaded a video file that has a suffix of .ratDVD. I changed it
> >to .avi, but only got audio. What am I supposed to do with this file to
> >enable a/v?

> It's a proprietary compressed format that requires the RatDVD player to
> view ... something constantly advertised on the freeware newsgroup; a
> media viewing concept whose value still eludes me.

I converted a ratDVD file to DVD and it took almost 12 hours on my 1 Ghz
PC. Argh, never doing that again. I've heard people online say it's
great for archiving their DL DVDs (???). Yeah, let's compress 8 GB into
700 MB and pretend we're preserving the quality.