Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Robert Wise - R.I.P.

Robert Wise - R.I.P.

RobMac

Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

Stan Brown

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:21:41 -0400 in alt.video.dvd, RobMac favored
us with...
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

The IMDB shows five Robert Wises. Here's a link to the director of
/The SOund of Music/ and /West SIde Story/, who died yesterday:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936404/

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the
variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of
evolution is simply ignorant -- inexcusably ignorant, in a world
where three out of four people have learned to read and write."
--Daniel Dennett, /Darwin's Dangerous Idea/ (1995), page 46

unclejr

Stan Brown wrote:
> The IMDB shows five Robert Wises. Here's a link to the director of
> /The SOund of Music/ and /West SIde Story/, who died yesterday:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936404/

When I think of "Robert Wise," yeah, he's the only one that I think of.

-Junior

Alpha

and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

"unclejr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Stan Brown wrote:
>> The IMDB shows five Robert Wises. Here's a link to the director of
>> /The SOund of Music/ and /West SIde Story/, who died yesterday:
>>
>> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936404/

> When I think of "Robert Wise," yeah, he's the only one that I think of.
>
> -Junior

Jim Hollis

And then there is "The Body Snatcher".
"RobMac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Rich

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:31:14 GMT, "Jim Hollis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And then there is "The Body Snatcher".
>"RobMac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

The Andromeda Strain, my favorite scifi of all time.
-Rich

Andrew Venor

RobMac wrote:
> Thanks for all the great movies you made to entertain us.

He had some career. What other director had a list of credits that
spanned the range from The Sound of Music to Star Trek-The Motion Picture.

ALV