Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVDs from Poland

DVDs from Poland

tracymidd

Can anyone help me please.
I am trying to get Madagascar the kids film, but in polish, I don't mean
subtitles, I mean the real thing.
when I was in Poland in may, it was on their cinema, and it was funnier in
Polish than in English,
My friends child is Polish / English and I would like to buy this for a
present,
In Poland all adult films are played in whatever language they are made in,
but with subtitles, except kids films
they are translated (dubbed) into polish in language.Can anyone tell me
where I can buy polish DVDs from
off the Internet as I am not due to go back to Poland until next year.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Tracym

Charles Eggen

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:21:43 GMT, "tracymidd" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can anyone help me please.
>I am trying to get Madagascar the kids film, but in polish, I don't mean
>subtitles, I mean the real thing.
>when I was in Poland in may, it was on their cinema, and it was funnier in
>Polish than in English,
>My friends child is Polish / English and I would like to buy this for a
>present,
>In Poland all adult films are played in whatever language they are made in,
>but with subtitles, except kids films
>they are translated (dubbed) into polish in language.Can anyone tell me
>where I can buy polish DVDs from
>off the Internet as I am not due to go back to Poland until next year.
>Thanks for any help in advance.
>Tracym

You might try asking this fellow. He posts in a soundtracks NG, as he
sells such and may be willing to offer some source suggestions.

Charles
nzvideos.org

kaboom

wrote:

>Can anyone help me please.
>I am trying to get Madagascar the kids film, but in polish, I don't mean
>subtitles, I mean the real thing.

Here is a sticky from the dvdtalk international forum:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...p?t=404640#top

It lists international dvd sites that you can order from, there may or
may not be a site in Poland. The sticky is atop the international dvd
forum so you can also ask there as many of the members buy from
overseas.

kaboomie

Jacek Madaj

Madagascar is not yet available on DVD in Poland and will be released
October 17-th.

--
Jacek
(E-Mail Removed)

G. M. Watson

----------
In article <HbWUe.4367$(E-Mail Removed)>, "tracymidd"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone help me please.
> I am trying to get Madagascar the kids film, but in polish, I don't mean
> subtitles, I mean the real thing.
> when I was in Poland in may, it was on their cinema, and it was funnier in
> Polish than in English,
> My friends child is Polish / English and I would like to buy this for a
> present,
> In Poland all adult films are played in whatever language they are made in,
> but with subtitles, except kids films
> they are translated (dubbed) into polish in language.Can anyone tell me
> where I can buy polish DVDs from
> off the Internet as I am not due to go back to Poland until next year.
> Thanks for any help in advance.
> Tracym

It's unlikely they have the film you're looking for, but
<http://www.polandbymail.com>-- AKA Polart-- is a US-based source for all
things Polish, including DVDs (unfortunately, some of the best titles they
carry, like some hard-to-find Wajda films, are only offered on VHS. It's
about time these guys caught up with technological change).

Tracym

"G. M. Watson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ----------
> In article <HbWUe.4367$(E-Mail Removed)>, "tracymidd"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Can anyone help me please.
>> I am trying to get Madagascar the kids film, but in polish, I don't mean
>> subtitles, I mean the real thing.
>> when I was in Poland in may, it was on their cinema, and it was funnier
>> in
>> Polish than in English,
>> My friends child is Polish / English and I would like to buy this for a
>> present,
>> In Poland all adult films are played in whatever language they are made
>> in,
>> but with subtitles, except kids films
>> they are translated (dubbed) into polish in language.Can anyone tell me
>> where I can buy polish DVDs from
>> off the Internet as I am not due to go back to Poland until next year.
>> Thanks for any help in advance.
>> Tracym
>>

> It's unlikely they have the film you're looking for, but
> <http://www.polandbymail.com>-- AKA Polart-- is a US-based source for all
> things Polish, including DVDs (unfortunately, some of the best titles they
> carry, like some hard-to-find Wajda films, are only offered on VHS. It's
> about time these guys caught up with technological change).

Thanks everyone if I cant get it, I know someone who has family over there,
offered to buy it for me to send.
Cheers for help
Tracym