Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Slight "shimmer" while dubbing

Slight "shimmer" while dubbing

SJS

Hello, people First, I'd like to thank everyone for offering their help
with a few questions I have posted concerning a jitter problem I was having
with VCR playback. Happy to say, I have found a VCR that plays those older
tapes perfectly It involved a special feature that has you hold down
"play" for two seconds to reduce jitter on EP recordings.

However, I have another "concern". now that I have the major jitter issue
fixed, have another minor issue that cropped up. What I'm seeing on those
tapes during playback is something I can best describe as a minor "shimmer".
I have the VCR attached to my DVD recorder through a standard set of AV
cables. When I playback the tape, I can see an occasional shimmer, or slight
vibration in the picture. It's not really a jitter, but a small shimmer (if
that makes any sense). I thought it may have been the cables but I've tried
higher end ones and they work the same.

Now, here's the kicker: When the VCR is attached directly to the TV, the
playback looks perfect. Also, when the VCR is connected with the AV cables
through another VCR, the picture is also perfect. so, I only get the shimmer
when the VCR is connected to the DVD burner for dubbing.

Any ideas? Thanks

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)AMcom <-- remove NOSPAM