Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Superman I-IV" Dvds. :-DVD

"Superman I-IV" Dvds. :-DVD

James Cortez Jr.

Hi Dvders.,

I know I'm asking way to early and I hope
Warner's is doing something with next
years "Superman Returns" opens ("You will believe a franchise can
return!"). I hope they do this:

Superman: Can we please have the
original 1978 theatrical cut with it origianl 2.0 soundtrack or remixed
5.1 soundtrack and the extended edition on one disc.

Superman II: Read about a fan who after
5 years has assembled director's Richard
Donner in the UK. Wouldn't mind hear a
dual or duel commentaries from Richard
Donner and Richard Lester and remixed
5.1 sound too. Come on Warners. With all that mooloh (money) Richard
Donner made for you with the "Lethal Weapon" movies how about it!

Superman III:I would love to hear a Richard Lester commentary,remixed
5.1
sound and any commentary like the ones did on "The Matrix Reloaded " why
this
film sucked big time. Deleted and extended scences would be nice. Here
this current dvd makes a good coaster!

Superman IV: I've read there a legendary
2 1/2 hour cut of this movie! Anybody who owns the novelization there
was a
scence where Superman goes up against
some Bizarro Superman before he fights Nuclear Man. Remixed 5.1 sound
and wouldn't mind hearing from director Sidney J. Furie and the cast on
the making of this film. As for the deleted scenes there a lot them
of them if happen to catch this film on
cable.

Bonus Feature: A tribute to actor Christopher Reeve and making any
purchase of the Superman movies
proceeds goto victims of spinal cord injury.

Come On Warners. Be Generous!
James Cortez,Jr.

Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

:-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

Howard

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (James Cortez Jr.) wrote in news:7535-4316DC55-156
@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:

> Superman III:I would love to hear a Richard Lester commentary,remixed
> 5.1
> sound and any commentary like the ones did on "The Matrix Reloaded " why
> this
> film sucked big time. Deleted and extended scences would be nice. Here
> this current dvd makes a good coaster!

Oh come on, be fair. This movie was great...the radar system that tracked
Superman? Obviously a video game, complete with score! Richard Pryor,
replacing the "unknown" ingredient in Kyptonite with tar, inspired by a
package of cigarettes (why not nicotine)? Superman unable to breathe when
the computer attacks him by surrounding him with a bubble...but he can fly
in space no problem?

> Superman IV: I've read there a legendary
> 2 1/2 hour cut of this movie! Anybody who owns the novelization there
> was a
> scence where Superman goes up against
> some Bizarro Superman before he fights Nuclear Man. Remixed 5.1 sound

"Bizarro Superman" was Nuclear Man. "Nuclear Man" was Nuclear Man 2.0.

A huge portion was cut out of the movie, including the first battle, in
which Superman destroyed Nuclear Man. The blob of genetic material Lex
launches to the sun is the remains of the original.

Why does the movie look so...'unfinished' overall? The budget was slashed
in half, and the time was reduced by a good (bad?) 45 minutes.

(E-Mail Removed). Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.