Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Lost

Annie

Hi
I am totally new to the Microsoft world. I have been a
hard core J2EE software programmer for the past 2 years.
Looking at the industry I need to learn about the in
thing .Net & grab a job on the basis of those skills. So
someone please help me on the following
1.Which certification should I go for. I am planning on
MCSD .Net. But that might take a while, so
2.Can I sit for the Exam70-315 only & become an MCP , &
3.Will just a single exam help me get a good job or is it
that the whole MCSD.Net certification track would be
better.

I know some of the info I am asking for would be on the
site, still your opinion would help me as you can see I am
a lost soul in the microsoft world.

Thanx in advance
Annie

Ray Higdon

If you are a Java guy, I would start hitting C# hard as it is similar and is
in high demand right now. If you truly are a hardcore developer, knowing
Java and C# will put you in high demand in a lot of places. MCP won't get
you too many looks on its own, go for MCAD or MCSD to add to your
credentials.

GL

--
Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA
---
"Annie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04e101c399bd$e4bdf9b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am totally new to the Microsoft world. I have been a
> hard core J2EE software programmer for the past 2 years.
> Looking at the industry I need to learn about the in
> thing .Net & grab a job on the basis of those skills. So
> someone please help me on the following
> 1.Which certification should I go for. I am planning on
> MCSD .Net. But that might take a while, so
> 2.Can I sit for the Exam70-315 only & become an MCP , &
> 3.Will just a single exam help me get a good job or is it
> that the whole MCSD.Net certification track would be
> better.
>
> I know some of the info I am asking for would be on the
> site, still your opinion would help me as you can see I am
> a lost soul in the microsoft world.
>
> Thanx in advance
> Annie

Thanx GL