Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > VOB Files

VOB Files

Don

Hi:
I am hoping to gain some knowledege in recording DVDs. I searched the
archives and found this topic discussed somewhat in the past, so I am
hoping this question is appropriate. I have some regular music CDs, I
wanted to combine them on a dvd for long playing without switching. I
have Ulead DVD movie factory 3.5 and Nero 6.6 suite, along with some
others. After much investigation, I decided to use Ulead to convert
the music files to .wav files then use it to convert them to .VOB
files. The problem I ran into was when I went to covert them to .vob
using Ulead it couldn't write to DVD. What I ended up doing after a
days work is use Ulead to convert to .vob but have it write it as an
..iso image file to the hard drive then use copy-to-dvd to record it.
For some reason Nero also would not write the file to the dvd. Is
there a better and more efficient way to do write .vob files? Is this
software adequate?
Thanks
Don

Miles Ahead

On 23 Aug 2005 12:13:02 -0700, "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have some regular music CDs, I
>wanted to combine them on a dvd for long playing without switching

You seem to be going about it the hard way. If your stand-alone
DVD player doesn't play mp3 or wma audio you should prolly get
a new one. Nowadays a $70 DVD player(or cheaper) plays nearly
all formats. So just rip you audio CDs to mp3 and burn a data DVD
with all the mp3 files on it. My DVD player is about 4 years old now
I think and it plays data DVD with mp3 files on it.