Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New releases: Batman Begins, Outer Limits Season 1 & Bewitched: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New releases: Batman Begins, Outer Limits Season 1 & Bewitched: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Columbia/Tri-Star has added a few titles to their November 1st release date:
American Chopper: Season 3
Big Fish (Special Edition)
Heights
Monster Garage: Season 3
Steve McQueen Box Set: Baby The Rain Must Fall / The War Lover

On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
list for $59.95.

Also on November 1st MGM will release the first season of Fame, listing for
$49.95.

Warner Brothers will release Batman Begins on October 18th. So far there are
three separate versions planned for that date, Pan & Scan, Anamorphic
widescreen and a collector's edition. All will have Dolby 5.1 audio. The
regular edition wil list for $28.95 with $30.95 for the deluxe. Extras
listed for the deluxe edition include:
Batman Begins Mobile Game Demo & Weblinks
Genesis of the Bat - Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present
The Journey Begins - Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting
Shaping Mind and Body - Fighting Style; Gotham City Rises - Production
Design
Cape and Cowl - The New Batsuit
The Tumbler - The New Batmobile
Path to Discovery - Filming in Iceland
Saving Gotham City - The Monorail Chase Sequence
Confidential Files Character/Weaponry Gallery
INNER DEMONS COMIC - Explore the special features through an exclusive
interactive comic book
Exclusive collectible 72-page comic book
Detective Comics #37 - the very first Batman story
Batman - The Man Who Falls - a classic story that inspired Batman Begins
Batman - The Long Halloween - a chilling excerpt that also inspired the
film.

Some titles form A&E Video have been announced for release on October 25th:
DangerMouse: Seasons #3 & #4
Invasion: Earth
Kids In The Hall: Season #3
Romance Classics Collection #2
Upstairs Downstairs (Collector's Edition)

Coming soon from A.D.Vision several titles heavy on anime.
October 4th:
Farscape: Starburst Edition #6
Godannar #1: Engage & Destroy
Godannar #1: Engage & Destroy (w/ Box)

October 11th:
Gantz #8: Death Watch
Jing: King Of Bandits Collection
Maburaho #4: Ghost Of A Chance
Mutant X: Season #3
Wild Arms Complete Collecton
Yumeria #1: Into The Dreamscape

October 18th:
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu #4
Gatchaman #5: Guillotines & Witches
Gatchaman #6: Devil Stars & Rocket
Gatchaman Collection 3
Gilgamesh #3: Wake For The Undead
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok #1
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok #1 (w/ Box)

October 25th:
Ghost Stories #1
Kino's Journey Complete Collection
Those Who Hunt Elves Collection

Disney/Buena Vista is celebrating the 50th anniversary with several classic
re-releases:
November 29th:
Great Muppet Caper (Buena Vista/ Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
Muppet Christmas Carol (Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
Muppet Movie (Buena Vista/ Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
Muppet Treasure Island (Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition)
Project Runway (Box Set)

December 6th:
Adventures Of Spin & Marty, The Mickey Mouse Club
Chronological Donald Vol 2: 1942-1946: Walt Disney Treasures (Limited
Edition)
Disney Rarities, Celebrated Shorts: 1920's-1960's
Elfego Baca And The Swamp Fox: Legendary Heroes
Gargoyles (1994): Season 2, Vol. 1 - 3

December 26th:
Dark Water (2005/ Pan & Scan)
Dark Water (2005/ Widescreen)

Set for release on OCtober 25th from MGM/UA:
Battle Of Britain (1969/ Collector's Edition)
Bridge Too Far (Collector's Edition)
Kalifornia (UMD)
Sex And The Teenage Mind

Just announced from New Line several titles for Playstation owners:
Blade (UMD)
Butterfly Effect (UMD)
Elf (UMD)
Secondhand Lions (UMD)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (UMD)

DUe out on November 8th from Paramount:
Beavis And Butt-Head: Mike Judge #1 (UMD)
Mahogany
Miracle's Boys

October 24th will bring several new titles from Sony Pictures:
Bewitched (2005/ Special Edition)
Bewitched (2005/ Special Edition) / Bewitched TV-Sampler (2 Pack)
Bewitched (2005/ UMD)
Left Behind: World At War
Left Behind: World At War (Limited Edition)
Robert Rodriguez Mexico Trilogy: El Mariachi / Desperado / Once Upon A Time
In Mexico
Single White Female / Single White Female: Psycho

Football fans will have something to look forward to on November 8th care of
Warner Brothers:
NFL Super Bowl Collection: Dallas Cowboys
NFL Super Bowl Collection: Green Bay Packers
NFL Super Bowl Collection: Oakland Raiders
NFL Super Bowl Collection: Pittsburgh
NFL Super Bowl Collection: San Francisco 49ers
NFL Super Bowl Collection: Washington Redskins
Each title will retail for $19.95.

For those more inclined towards martial arts action Warner Brothers has
included several titles for you in their December 6th releases:
American Kickboxer 1
American Ninja 4: The Annihilation
American Ninja 5
American Samurai
Chain Of Command (1994)
Delta Force 3: The Killing Game
Fifty/Fifty
Hellbound
Hitman (1991)
Imagine: John Lennon (Deluxe Edition)
Imagine: John Lennon (Deluxe Edition/ Alternate UPC)
Mummy Lives
Star Is Born (1976)

Fans of David Duchovny can look forward to October 4th. Artisan will release
the DVD of his feature film directorial debut, House of D. Technical
specifications include Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic widescreen, list price will
be $27.98.

Also coming soon from Artisan:
October 8th:
Trece campanadas

October 11th:
Amityville: A New Generation
Amityville: It's About Time

October 18th:
Piedras Verdes

October 25th:
Ghost Watcher 2

November 1st:
Ghetto Dawg 2: Out Of The Pits

Edward Scissorhands (Special Edition/ Collectible Tin Packaging/ Widescreen)
will be released by Fox on November 8th listing for $19.98.

Due out November 8th from Koch:
Children
Faith
Lenny Bruce: San Francisco 1965 Performance Film
Popular Mechanics For Kids (6-Disc)
Soundstage: 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts & Kris Kristofferson
Ultimate Poker Challenge: 1st Season

Lion's Gate will release the following on October 18th:
Christmas Carol: The Musical
Dark Harvest 2: The Maize
Rambo: First Blood (UMD)
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Chris Farley (UMD)
Saturday Night Live: The Best Of Will Ferrell (UMD)
Stargate: Extended Cut (UMD)
Universal Soldier (UMD)

For release by MGM/UA on October 25th:
Battle Of Britain (Collector's Edition)
Bridge Too Far (Collector's Edition)
Captain John Smith And Pocahontas
Hackers (UMD)
Sex And The Teenage Mind

Several releases are on their way from Paramount, many are television season
sets.
October 18th:
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: New York: The Complete 1st Season

November 1st:
Brady Bunch: The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons
Brady Bunch: The Complete 4th Season

November 8th:
Apres Vous
Backyardigans: Snow Fort
Beavis And Butt-Head: Mike Judge #1
Lady Sings The Blues (Collector's Edition)

November 15th:
Airplane (Don't Call Me Shirley Edition)
Charmed: The Complete 1st - 3rd Season
Charmed: The Complete 3rd Season
Cheers: The Complete 1st - 7th Seasons
Cheers: The Complete 7th Season
Frasier: The Complete 1st - 7th & Final Seasons
Frasier: The Complete 7th Season

Sony Pictures has several titles set for release on October 25th:
Bewitched (2005/ UMD)
Bewitched: The Complete 2nd Season (Black & White)
Bewitched: The Complete 2nd Season (Colorized)
Hart To Hart: The Complete 1st Season
Heavy Metal (UMD)
Left Behind: World At War
Single White Female / Single White Female: Psycho
Single White Female: Psycho

Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
Playstation 2 devices.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 69,873 titles. Changes and additions this week number 321 and there
are 3,057 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Lost: Season One, Crash (2004) and Punk: Attitude.
Recent reviews include Ring 2, Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown
Bunny, Greatest American Hero: Season 3, Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million
Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation, Fantastic Four (1994 Animated),
Columbo Season 3, McMillan and Wife Season One, McCloud Seasons 1 & 2,
Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity and Book of Love (2004). Updates
to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

David Z

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMxOe.4290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Columbia/Tri-Star has added a few titles to their November 1st release
> date:
> American Chopper: Season 3
> Big Fish (Special Edition)
> Heights
> Monster Garage: Season 3
> Steve McQueen Box Set: Baby The Rain Must Fall / The War Lover
>
> On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
> complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
> list for $59.95.

This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
last year actually!

jayembee

"David Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
>> complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set will
>> list for $59.95.

> This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
> last year actually!

Not really.

It's only been released in Canada, and it's not a *complete* Seasons 1&2
release, but only a "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" release. It has only 19 of the 43
eps for those two seasons (or 20 out of 44, if you consider "Sandkings" to be
two eps instead of one). More specifically, with respect to Season 1, it has
only half of the eps (10/11 out of 21/22).

Further, I believe it contains the cut Canadian/syndication versions, rather
than the uncut Showtime versions. The US MGM release will be of the uncut
versions.

-- jayembee

David Z

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "David Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> On November 1st MGM will finally give in to fan pressure and release the
>>> complete first season of the 1995 Outer Limits. The five disc box set
>>> will
>>> list for $59.95.

>> This is not a new release. Season 1 & 2 have been released on DVD since
>> last year actually!

> Not really.
>
> It's only been released in Canada, and it's not a *complete* Seasons 1&2
> release, but only a "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" release. It has only 19 of the
> 43
> eps for those two seasons (or 20 out of 44, if you consider "Sandkings" to
> be
> two eps instead of one). More specifically, with respect to Season 1, it
> has
> only half of the eps (10/11 out of 21/22).
>
> Further, I believe it contains the cut Canadian/syndication versions,
> rather
> than the uncut Showtime versions. The US MGM release will be of the uncut
> versions.

Good point.