Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Surface Condition and Read Speed

Surface Condition and Read Speed

Bob

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:13:31 -0400, Al Klein <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>How come a paper towel won't abrade the surface. Paper has sand in it.

>*Patting* with a paper towel won't - rubbing will.

I find no difference whether I clean the discs or not. The kind of
surface damage goes a lot further than the very top of the surface.
Anyway, the rental places clean the discs before letting the public
use them for obvious reasons - they lose money if customers bring them
back because they won't play.