Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burn 8.5 DL?

Burn 8.5 DL?

Glen Corlin

Hello all. Can a standard DVD burner burn DL DVDs? My burner can burn all
types (DVD+-R/W, etc), but I'm wondering if it can also burn dual layer. How
do I know?
Thanks.

--
LMO
"O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,

Biz

If it was supported when you bought the burner, it would have been highly
touted if it could. Or it might have been one of the few models that
actually were firmware upgradeable. FOr starters, you could have listed
your make/model and someone might have just been able to tell you....

"Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ddqq28$abq$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hello all. Can a standard DVD burner burn DL DVDs? My burner can burn all
> types (DVD+-R/W, etc), but I'm wondering if it can also burn dual layer.

How
> do I know?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> LMO
> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
> To see oursels as others see us."

Glen Corlin

The only thing I know about it is what the Device Manager tells me:
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
which I believe is a Samsung. Probably only a single layer burner, eh?

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:946Me.612890$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it was supported when you bought the burner, it would have been highly
> touted if it could. Or it might have been one of the few models that
> actually were firmware upgradeable. FOr starters, you could have listed
> your make/model and someone might have just been able to tell you....
>

> "Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:ddqq28$abq$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>> Hello all. Can a standard DVD burner burn DL DVDs? My burner can burn all
>> types (DVD+-R/W, etc), but I'm wondering if it can also burn dual layer.

> How
>> do I know?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> LMO
>> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
>> To see oursels as others see us."

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:43:50 +0200, "Glen Corlin"
<lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The only thing I know about it is what the Device Manager tells me:
>TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
>which I believe is a Samsung. Probably only a single layer burner, eh?

Google is your friend. I entered TS-H552B into Google, and this is
the first hit.. http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/163 And yes,it does
support DL.

... Steve ..

>TS-H552B
>"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:946Me.612890$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If it was supported when you bought the burner, it would have been highly
>> touted if it could. Or it might have been one of the few models that
>> actually were firmware upgradeable. FOr starters, you could have listed
>> your make/model and someone might have just been able to tell you....
>>

>> "Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:ddqq28$abq$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>>> Hello all. Can a standard DVD burner burn DL DVDs? My burner can burn all
>>> types (DVD+-R/W, etc), but I'm wondering if it can also burn dual layer.

>> How
>>> do I know?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> LMO
>>> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
>>> To see oursels as others see us."

LMO

Steve; thanks for that site. DUH! I even have Nero Info Tool and never knew
it! Guess I'll buy some blank DL disks and test the drive out.

"Steve(JazzHunter)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:43:50 +0200, "Glen Corlin"
> <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>The only thing I know about it is what the Device Manager tells me:
>>TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
>>which I believe is a Samsung. Probably only a single layer burner, eh?

> Google is your friend. I entered TS-H552B into Google, and this is
> the first hit.. http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/163 And yes,it does
> support DL.
>
> .. Steve ..
>

>>TS-H552B
>>"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:946Me.612890$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> If it was supported when you bought the burner, it would have been
>>> highly
>>> touted if it could. Or it might have been one of the few models that
>>> actually were firmware upgradeable. FOr starters, you could have listed
>>> your make/model and someone might have just been able to tell you....
>>>

>>> "Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ddqq28$abq$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>>> How

Burn Cds over a network =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= Wireless Networking 3 12-09-2004 05:00 AM
What program is used to burn these images ? VCX? Albert MCSE 7 11-16-2004 01:12 AM
Can't burn audio, can burn data Joe Computer Information 5 09-29-2004 10:45 PM
OT: Burn Rowdy Yates MCSE 33 09-23-2004 06:27 PM
Re: mp3 to burn Jimchip Computer Support 0 06-21-2003 07:07 PM

Advertisments