Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > R1 Sliders packaging

R1 Sliders packaging

Steve

Just received the season 1& 2 boxset, I think it has got to be the worst DVD
packaging I have seen.
Or has anyone else seen worse?

Why they chose to have the DVD's sticking out of a foam insert is beyond me.
I don't understand
why they didn't go for Star Trek Next Generation style or even better Lost
in Space Packaging.

I'm sending it back anyway as the main part of the box is damaged, I think I
just get the R2 version
as it seems to be better packaged, looks like its a slipcase with a gatefold
insert.

Judging by the picture to season 3 of the R1 Sliders it looks like they have
changed
the packaging it for the better.

jayembee

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just received the season 1& 2 boxset, I think it has got to be the worst
> DVD packaging I have seen. Or has anyone else seen worse?
>
> Why they chose to have the DVD's sticking out of a foam insert is
> beyond me. I don't understand why they didn't go for Star Trek Next
> Generation style or even better Lost in Space Packaging.

The idea was to try and capture the idea of the series image of overlapping
copies of Earth. Whether it works or not is up to the consumer to decide.
I think it looks funky, myself.

Universal seems bent on trying odd packaging, from the Big Giant (Cylon)
Head packaging for the first release of the original GALACTICA to the first two
seasons of NORTHERN EXPOSURE coming inside miniature parkas, to this SLIDERS
packaging. Personally, I think it's just a way for them to justify charging a
higher price for the set.

-- jayembee

lightroom exposure and brightness sliders gibsoncontrra@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 03-20-2007 03:52 PM
WANTED: a "fan made" DVD Cover for "SLIDERS" Season 3 Sci-Fi Guy in the OC DVD Video 3 04-13-2006 02:16 AM
"Sliders - Season 3" - No Booklet????? Film Buff DVD Video 3 07-23-2005 05:11 PM
sliders Erwin Scully DVD Video 0 10-23-2004 06:07 PM
New Releases: Merlin SE,Sliders & Knight Rider: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 04-15-2004 04:46 AM

Advertisments