Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: DVD software

Re: DVD software

Melissa W. Wright

In article <vltBe.159533$(E-Mail Removed) >, "BR549"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Do a google search for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You need both and they
>are free.
>
>"rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:42d649a0$0$8312$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>If I needed to copy a DVD to another DVD, what is the best software or way
>to do this. i would only be wanting to copy originals that I owned, to make
>backups incase the original got scratched!!

From another thread .....
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:46:07 +0000 (UTC), "AAH" wrote:
>Any freeware utility to copy DVD disks
>Some are copy protected.
>How to make a safekeeping copy.
>Any advice would be appreciated.

DVDFab Decrypter
http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm
DVDFab Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Express.
It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the
protections (CSS, RC, RCE, Macrovision, UOPs and Sony ARccOS)
while copying.

DVD Decrypter
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1011845169/1
DVD Decrypter is a free tool which enables you decrypt and copy
a DVD to your PC's hard disk. From there you can choose to watch
them with the likes of PowerDVD and WinDVD or you can re-encode
them to MPEG1 (VCD) or DivX. Advanced functionality can be found
in the DVD Decrypter context menus.

DVD Shrink
http://www.dvdshrink.org/
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...k/1050004458/1
DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD disks. You can use this
software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice
to make a backup copy of any DVD video disk. The output from
DVD Shrink is saved as files on your hard drive, which you can
then burn to a DVD-R using separate burning software, such
as the software provided with your DVD-R drive.

See also DVD43, IFOEdit, & IFORegionFree.