Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ?The Most Commentaries?

?The Most Commentaries?

Curtin/Dobbs

Borrowed _Out of the Past_ from the library and was pleasantly surprised
that it had a different commentary (by James Ursini) than an old laser-disc
that I rented years ago. (Can't remember who did that one, but liked it
better.)

_The Wizard of Oz_, in different laser-disc and DVD versions, has at least
2, if not more, commentaries.

Some films come with two (I don't know if more are technically possible)
commentaries on one DVD release.

(Not counting pop-up, subtitle commentaries) Which film (or films) has (or
have) had the most commentaries? (laser-disc releases can be included)

Thanks...Curtin/Dobbs

Jordan

I think the Lord of the Rings flicks would be right up there. The
special editions had at least 3 or 4 commentaries on them.

- Jordan

Mr. Pope John Hole III

"Curtin/Dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Borrowed _Out of the Past_ from the
>library and was pleasantly surprised that it
>had a different commentary (by James
>Ursini) than an old laser-disc that I rented
>years ago. (Can't remember who did that
>one, but liked it better.)

>_The Wizard of Oz_, in different laser-disc
>and DVD versions, has at least 2, if not
>more, commentaries.

>Some films come with two (I don't know if
>more are technically possible)
>commentaries on one DVD release.

>(Not counting pop-up, subtitle
>commentaries) Which film (or films) has
>(or have) had the most commentaries?
>(laser-disc releases can be included)

The Extended Edition versions of The Lord of the Rings all have 4
commentaries on each film. There's one wit Peter Jackson, and his two
female writing/directing partners, there's a cast commentary with most
of the film's larger speaking parts edited together some of them are in
groups, some of the are alone, some of them are taken from interviews
and made to sound like commentaries, and there's two more with all the
special effects folks the producers, and the musical guy.

The special editions of David Fincher's films can usually be counted on
to have at least 3 commentaries.

The Monty Python films have 2 tracks, and on one film there's a sorta 3
although I can't imagine listening to that one all the way through.

One of the only aspects of the prequel Star Wars DVDs are the commentary
tack, Lucas puts lots of great extras on the discs, but he chops up what
could easily be 2 or 3 commentary tracks and condenses it into one.

"The Simpsons" and "Red Dwarf" have commentary on every single episode,
but that's hardly the same thing.

Mr. Pope John Hole III

The favor of your reply is requested.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

"I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle." Kingdom
of Heaven

"You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck