Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What equipment I need?

What equipment I need?

dungping5@yahoo.com

I think the difference between DVD and CD is just a matter of space
size, so raise my question at this forum.

I copied two TV programs to a CD, not DVD. There are many
advertisements between these two programs. I like to have the ADs cut
off, and make the second program immediately follow the first one.

What editing equipment do I have to purchase to accomplish this piece
of work?

I also like to copy the programs from CD to DVD. That may be achieved
on a computer. But I really have no experience with it at all.

Thanks for help.

Billy Joe

> I think the difference between DVD and CD is just a matter of
> space size, so raise my question at this forum.
>
> I copied two TV programs to a CD, not DVD. There are many
> advertisements between these two programs. I like to have
> the ADs cut off, and make the second program immediately
> follow the first one.
>
> What editing equipment do I have to purchase to accomplish
> this piece of work?
>
> I also like to copy the programs from CD to DVD. That may be
> achieved on a computer. But I really have no experience with
> it at all.
>
> Thanks for help.

Not an easy question to answer, as posed.

1) copy 2 TV programs to CD implies that one or both fit on one or two CDs.
Which further implies that they were either VERY short or of marginal
quality - in the eye of this beholder.

2) NTL, if you're satisfied with the quality and the files are of MPG (or
MPEG1 or 2) format then VideoReDo (eval of US$50 product available) might do
the job for you.

3) if, OTOH, the files are AVI (containing Divx or Xvid encodings) then VDub
might be the perfect tool for you and it is free from many, many sources.

4) In the case of VDub (from item 3) you can also find VDub-MPEG2 which will
convert a slightly larger array of source files to AVI (ala divx or xvid or
other).

BJ