Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Return of the Sith, House of Wax & Dogtown: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Return of the Sith, House of Wax & Dogtown: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Buena Vista has announced several titles:
November 1st:
Aliens Of The Deep

November 15th:
Old Yeller: 2 Movie Collection
Scrubs: Season 2

November 22nd:
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Golden Girls: The Complete 3rd Season
Home Improvement: Season 3

November 29th:
Empire (2005)
Their Eyes Were Watching God

Delta Entertainment has some classic television sets for release on
September 6th:
Andy Griffith Show
Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 1
Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 2
Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 3
Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 4
Bonanza Vol. 1
Bonanza Vol. 2
Bonanza Vol. 3
Bonanza Vol. 4
Burns And Allen
Dragnet Vol. 1
Dragnet Vol. 2
Dragnet Vol. 3
Lucy Show 1
Lucy Show 2
Lucy Show 3
One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 1
One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 2
One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 3
One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 4
Each set will list for $4.49.

Fox will release Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith on November 1st.
There will be separate P&S and anamorphic widescreen releases each with DTS
ES audio and listing for $29.98. Extras so far look to include:
video mastered directly from the original digital files for the film
audio commentary with director George Lucas and members of his production
crew
documentary on the making of the film
several featurettes
deleted scenes

Set for release from Allied Artists:
August 9th:
Farewell To Arms (1932)
Pied Piper Hamelin
Star Is Born (1937)

August 30th:
His Girl Friday
Jack And The Beanstalk (1952)
Last Time I Saw Paris
Meet John Doe

Just announced by Buena Vista:
November 1st:
Aliens Of The Deep

November 15th:
Old Yeller: 2 Movie Collection
Scrubs: Season 2

November 22nd:
Home Improvement: Season 3

Coming on October 4th from MGM/UA:
Billion Dollar Brain
Cop
Dead Cert
The Fog (Special Remastered Edition)
Girl Most Likely To
Innocent Lies
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane
Robot Jox
Siege At Ruby Ridge
Spiral Staircase (MGM/UA)
Stargate SG-1: Season #8
True Confessions
Wild Palms (2-Disc)

Lords Of Dogtown will have several variations released by Sony Pictures on
September 27th:
Lords Of Dogtown (PG-13 Version)
Lords Of Dogtown (Un-Rated Version/ Extended) / Dogtown And Z-Boys (Deluxe
Edition)
Lords Of Dogtown / Dogtown And Z-Boys (Deluxe Edition)
Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

Also from Sony on October 4th:
Dark Backward
Knight's Tale (Extended Cut)
Knight's Tale (UMD)
Monster High
Mortuary Academy
New Kids
Pulse (198
Torture Garden

For those that would like to see Paris Hilton get brutally murdered, Warner
Brothers will release House Of Wax on October 25th. There will be both P&S
and anamorphic widescreen versions both retailing for $28.98.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 68,504 titles. Changes and additions this week number 289 and there
are 2,795 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown Bunny,
Punk: Attitude and Greatest American Hero: Season 3 Recent reviews include
Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation,
Fantastic Four (1994 Animated), Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos:
Season 5, The Aviator, Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct 13,
Six Feet Under: Season 3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity,
Book of Love (2004) and Meet the Fockers. Updates to the DVD database,
including release specifications usually made twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Scooby Doo

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:RECHe.14927$(E-Mail Removed):

> Set for release from Allied Artists:
> August 30th:
> His Girl Friday

Huh? After 536 awful public-domain versions this finally got released by
Columbia in 2000. Is this the 537th PD version?

And yes I know the 1940 film was a remake but the 1931 original was not
called HGF but The Front Page (which was remade again as TFP in 1974)...

jayembee

Scooby Doo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Set for release from Allied Artists:
>> August 30th:
>> His Girl Friday

> Huh? After 536 awful public-domain versions this finally got released by
> Columbia in 2000. Is this the 537th PD version?

Given all of the other titles from "Allied Artists" mentioned, I'd say, yes,
this is another P.D. edition.

-- jayembee

Curtin/Dobbs

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> [...]
> are included in the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles
> that were rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database,
> (including UPC search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's
> Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.
>
> Current previews include Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown Bunny,
> Punk: Attitude and Greatest American Hero: Season 3 Recent reviews include
> Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation,
> Fantastic Four (1994 Animated), Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos:
> Season 5, The Aviator, Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct
> 13, Six Feet Under: Season 3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade
> Trinity, Book of Love (2004) and Meet the Fockers. Updates to the DVD
> database, including release specifications usually made twice daily.

Thanks for the list. but what does...

>Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

....(UMD) mean?

--Curtin/Dobbs

Jordan

UMD is a custom disc format currently only playable in the Sony PSP
hand-held gaming machine.

- Jordan

Darrel Christenson

> Thanks for the list. but what does...
>

>>Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

> ...(UMD) mean?

That's the Playstation handheld video format.

drc

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Curtin/Dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ...(UMD) mean?

Universal Media Disc, used by that overpriced tech toy known as the
Playstation Portable.