Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Why are only Law & Order seasons 1, 2, and 14 available on DVD??

Why are only Law & Order seasons 1, 2, and 14 available on DVD??

David Z

Seems strange to me, that they would skip seasons 3-13 and release season
14??? Where's the logic? Most shows are released in order of seasons...

Derek Janssen

( http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MCA027776 )

> and release season
> 14??? Where's the logic? Most shows are released in order of seasons...

Unless you're Universal and want to leap into the new TV-to-DVD thing,
but still aren't sure yet whether customers want to buy "classic" reruns
or the recently completed hit season...

Warner had the same Experimenting Blues with "Friends", and Paramount
with "Frasier".

Derek Janssen

Goro

David Z wrote:
> Seems strange to me, that they would skip seasons 3-13 and release season
> 14??? Where's the logic? Most shows are released in order of seasons...

The idea is that they will continue to release seasons in ascending
order AND release the most recent season prior to the new season
showing on TV. It's not that bad a strategy, really.

-goro-