Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > directly from camera to dvd

directly from camera to dvd

Simon

(I'm italian, so i've a bad english).
I tried to record a film from a digital camera to a dvd with the option that
makes me do directly the recording from the camera to the dvd, without
storing in the hard disk.

After the reproduction of the film ended, the dvd recorder continued writing
for a long time, so long that I stopped all.

Do you know if I have to wait for a long time, even if the reproduction has
ended, for the dvd to be finished?

Ciana

"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:chKFe.19554$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (I'm italian, so i've a bad english).
> I tried to record a film from a digital camera to a dvd with the option

that
> makes me do directly the recording from the camera to the dvd, without
> storing in the hard disk.
>
> After the reproduction of the film ended, the dvd recorder continued

writing
> for a long time, so long that I stopped all.
>
> Do you know if I have to wait for a long time, even if the reproduction

has
> ended, for the dvd to be finished?
>

> This is right: your PC is not fast enough to write directly to the dvd and

it has to store on a temporary file the part it cannot not handle
immediately. At the end of the camera transmission the writing will go on
until all buffered media is written on the disk. For my case my PC run at
850 MHz for every 10 min camera time it will take 20 additional time to
write the DVD.
In other word you were no patient enough and cur the writing to early
Ciao Jacques

Simon

ok, thank you, i'll try to be more patient!!!