Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Motorola DVR

Motorola DVR

higgledy

Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that is supplied
by the cable company?

Morgan

"higgledy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that is supplied
> by the cable company?

I've googled this on and off for more than a year and have found some
conversations with a Moto/Moxi development guy. Apparently, almost all of
the features people want are turned off by the cable company, not Motorola.
I have Adelphia in Southern California, and nothing but the DVR works on my
box. But to answer your question, I have never found anything online to
connect a PC to a Moto DVR.

Hope that helps.

Morgan

higgledy

Yeah, I too noticed the complete void of information on the Internet
about DVRs. I have Adelphia too.

What surprises me is Adelphia and Motorola have both done such a great
job at supressing this information. Even Stars Wars was leaked
pre-release! You would think that one ex-employee of either company
would post them manual somewhere?

Billy Joe

> Does anyone know how to connect a PC to a Motorola DVR that
> is supplied by the cable company?

Yes, but not digitally. Does it come as a great surprise that the movie
industry (and the cable suppliers of their product) do not want to
facilitate digital copying?

For my tuppence, the Adelphia/Motorola offering suffers most from the 80 gig
drive, which is barely 5 hours of HDTV - this in NOT a PDVR by any stretch
of the imagination!! Fortunately, there is hardly ever anything broadcast
on HDTV that's worth extraordinary effort.

Have I sent mine back?? No ;-0)

BJ

JazzGuyy

There's a ton of information on this at this location:
www.avsforum.com Do a search for Motorola DVRs.

DVR Web server instauratio Cisco 0 07-29-2004 01:16 PM
Getting video from DVR to computer Steve Computer Support 4 06-16-2004 02:58 PM
Clone CD and Pioneer DVR-105 John Computer Support 2 07-02-2003 01:23 PM
pioneer dvr-105 problem martin Computer Support 1 06-29-2003 04:54 PM

Advertisments