Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Reads Data DVDs but not Video DVDs

Reads Data DVDs but not Video DVDs

Breezereef

Hi

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 and until I needed to reformat my hard
drive, I could read both data DVDs and Video DVDs with VOB files.

Now it will only read data DVDs and when I put a video DVD in the drive
label in File Manager calls it a CD and there is nothing on it, and claims
it is blank.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or any download links I may need
to solve this.

Many thanks to all who can help

Breezereef

Large Farva

You need to get a DVD player software, something like Power DVD which does
not cost much.

"Breezereef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 and until I needed to reformat my hard
> drive, I could read both data DVDs and Video DVDs with VOB files.
>
> Now it will only read data DVDs and when I put a video DVD in the drive
> label in File Manager calls it a CD and there is nothing on it, and claims
> it is blank.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem or any download links I may
> need
> to solve this.
>
> Many thanks to all who can help
>
> Breezereef

Breezereef

Thanks for your advice it is appreciated. Since posting I installed Power
DVD, and yes Power DVD can read Video DVDs, but alas File Manager does not
recognise, and considers any DVD as blank and a CD.

I appreciate that you responded. thank you

Breezereef.

"Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:baRDe.6943$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> You need to get a DVD player software, something like Power DVD which does
> not cost much.
>

> "Breezereef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 and until I needed to reformat my hard
> > drive, I could read both data DVDs and Video DVDs with VOB files.
> >
> > Now it will only read data DVDs and when I put a video DVD in the drive
> > label in File Manager calls it a CD and there is nothing on it, and

claims
> > it is blank.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem or any download links I may
> > need
> > to solve this.
> >
> > Many thanks to all who can help
> >
> > Breezereef

Biz

Sounds like you havent re-installed the stuff that adds UDF file system
recognition, like your preferred packet-writing software...

"Breezereef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your advice it is appreciated. Since posting I installed Power
> DVD, and yes Power DVD can read Video DVDs, but alas File Manager does not
> recognise, and considers any DVD as blank and a CD.
>
> I appreciate that you responded. thank you
>
> Breezereef.
>

> "Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:baRDe.6943$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> > You need to get a DVD player software, something like Power DVD which

does
> > not cost much.
> >

> > "Breezereef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 and until I needed to reformat my hard
> > > drive, I could read both data DVDs and Video DVDs with VOB files.
> > >
> > > Now it will only read data DVDs and when I put a video DVD in the

drive
> > > label in File Manager calls it a CD and there is nothing on it, and

> claims
> > > it is blank.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to solve this problem or any download links I may
> > > need
> > > to solve this.
> > >
> > > Many thanks to all who can help
> > >
> > > Breezereef

Breezereef

Thanks Biz

Of all the installing of various bits and pieces one has to do after
reformatting, that was indeed one that I forgot. I can read the disks now.

Had been tearing my hair out.

Many thanks.

Breezereef

news:70_De.21275$(E-Mail Removed)...