Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The down-side to HDTV...

The down-side to HDTV...

Jordan

I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.

Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
is what was running.

It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
by an adult male.

Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
definition, but it was way more intense this time.

I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...

- Jordan

Lookingglass

"Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
> and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
> that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
>
> Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
> when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
> is what was running.
>
> It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
> bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
> by an adult male.
>
> Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
> near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
> I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
> definition, but it was way more intense this time.
>
> I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...
>
> - Jordan

Yeah... some things just don't NEED to be seen... nothing to do with
censorship... just good taste. Particularly before breakfast...

dave......... www.Shemakhan.com

RichA

On 16 Jul 2005 07:58:47 -0700, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
>and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
>that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
>
>Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
>when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
>is what was running.
>
>It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
>bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
>by an adult male.
>
>Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
>near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
>I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
>definition, but it was way more intense this time.
>
>I'm going to take a shower, I feel... unclean somehow...
>
>- Jordan

Life is terrifying, isn't it?
-Rich

Nonymous

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 16 Jul 2005 07:58:47 -0700, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've been experimenting with an HDTV reciever over the past few weeks
>>and I think I found a pretty big down-side... There are some things
>>that really shouldn't be shown in HDTV.
>>
>>Every now and then PBS runs a documentary on wild horses in Montana and
>>when I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, what's on in HDTV?" this
>>is what was running.
>>
>>It was the bit where the horses hit by lightning were being eaten by
>>bears. Followed by the bit where the lame new-born foal is slaughtered
>>by an adult male.
>>
>>Needless to say, close up images of horse corpses being eaten is right
>>near the top of the list of things I didn't really need to see in HDTV.
>>I guess it's my fault, I had seen the special before in standard
>>definition, but it was way more intense this time.

Hey, it's reality. Watching HD can be like taking off those rose colored
glasses.

Jordan

I agree, it's just unexpected in my bedroom at 7:45 in the morning. :^)

- Jordan