Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

l#vfgsgEg@AO1.com

GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
(Film has the best quality)

DVD's SUCK !!!!

Joshua Zyber

I vote death. Tell us where you live.

<l#(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
> (Film has the best quality)
>
> DVD's SUCK !!!!

James Shinevar

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> I vote death. Tell us where you live.
>

> <l#(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
>>(Film has the best quality)
>>
>>DVD's SUCK !!!!

yes, death to people who think that progressing technology sucks and
think we should be stuck in the 'good ol days'

Bill Turner

l#(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
> (Film has the best quality)
>
> DVD's SUCK !!!!

I'll bet you really like your kerosene powered computer, don't you?

Bill T

Lookingglass

<l#(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH
> (Film has the best quality)

> DVD's SUCK !!!!

I agree that the quality of film is light-years better than the picture
quality of a monitor and a DVD... but for the convenience (not to mention
the pocketbook) of the consumer, DVDs afford the "regular" guy a chance to
collect some of these titles for his own personal use. Most people don't see
the difference between film and video... I do, but I still collect DVDs. I
started as a kid collecting Castle 8mm with a (get this!) battery operated
projector... I had some forgettable cartoons and an Abbot and Costello
film!!! DVDs are good for watching at home. Unfortunately, movie-going is
NOT the same experience it was when I was a kid... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in
the '50s.

dave........... www.Shemakhan.com