Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "reframing" DVD after burning to disc

"reframing" DVD after burning to disc

Charles.Sachs@gmail.com

Hi there.

I've been capturing programs and burning them to DVD with my Panasonic
DVD burner. As the TV hooked up to the burner is 16:9, the Panny is
configured for 16:9 operation.

If I don't then set the source - the satellite box - to display
standard def 4:3 programs stretched to 16:9, the DVD burner will burn
the captured program, pillar boxes and all, to DVD.

This is not a problem if I watch the DVDs on the 16:9 TV, but if I
bring the DVDs upstairs to watch them on a standard def 4:3 TV, the
images are squished in with the grey pillar boxes on either side.

I did learned how to avoid this early on (as mentioned above, I just
have to set the program source to stretch any 4:3 programs to 16:9),
but I still have a small handful of DVDs already burned that I'd like
to "fix".

Are there any programs available that will read the image off the DVD,
clip off pillar boxing and stretch the image back to 4:3 format so I
can burn fresh DVDs with "unsquished" images?

Thanks,
-Chuck

Netmask

Go to http://www.videohelp.com/ and search. You probably need to become
acquainted with a program called IfoEdit (free)

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...