Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > dvdsoon & canceling orders

Reply
Thread Tools

dvdsoon & canceling orders

 
 
f.mat@hotmill.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2005
it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Impmon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2005
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think


Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
via check or money order, there's not much about that.
--
When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve(JazzHunter)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2005
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think


Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
$30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
last year, but now..... I don't know.

.. Steve ..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Justin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2005
Impmon wrote on [Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:54:08 -0400]:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

>
> Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
> be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
> process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
> via check or money order, there's not much about that.


They're not in the US.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Napalm68
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2005
Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>
>>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

>
>
> Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
> before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
> few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
> $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
> discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
> this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
> supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
> last year, but now..... I don't know.
>
> . Steve ..
>



The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff. They are
cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR **** ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve(JazzHunter)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2005
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:48:04 +1000, Napalm68 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>
>>>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>>>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>>>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>>>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

>>
>>
>> Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
>> before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
>> few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
>> $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
>> discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
>> this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
>> supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
>> last year, but now..... I don't know.
>>
>> . Steve ..
>>

>
>
>The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff. They are
>cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR **** ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.


Well I don't think the language is called for, but I have a suspicion
they're cancelling orders where the customer's purchase price against
DVDsoon's acquisition cost would be a loss for them.

.. Steve ..

 
Reply With Quote
 
FAQmeister
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2005
"Steve(JazzHunter)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:48:04 +1000, Napalm68 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> The idiocy of it is they are not just cancelling discontinued stuff.
>> They are cancelling stuff that they STILL SELL ON THEIR ****
>> ENCRUSTED WEBSITE.

>
> Well I don't think the language is called for, but I have a suspicion
> they're cancelling orders where the customer's purchase price against
> DVDsoon's acquisition cost would be a loss for them.
>


DVDsoon is an amoral company with no regard for it's customers. They
must have a very poor customer retention rate, but apparently some of
it's customers will always be willing to put up with just about
anything, as long as they think they are saving a few pennies.

--
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
Maureen Goldman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-18-2005
>Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Under law in USA, they are supposed to notify you if the order cannot
>be shipped within 30 days and I believe they are not supposed to
>process credit card until they do ship the order. If you sent payment
>via check or money order, there's not much about that.


DVDsoon is in Montreal, Canada.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-06-2005
"Steve(JazzHunter)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:20:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>it seems that dvdsoon canels orders if they "cannt" get the item
>>within 60 days - thats a new one with me - so they have had my money
>>for 60 days for free. you hang in there in the hope that eventually
>>they'll get the dvd. A nice way of doing business I DONT think

>
> Yeah, they cancelled the new arbuckle set on me. - Ordered 40 days
> before release! The worst part is that I could have got it for just a
> few dollars more on Amazon as a preorder, now I'll have to pay some
> $30 more since losing the DVDsoon preorder price plus members
> discount. Also they cancelled "Hawaii!" I mean how hard is it to get
> this lousy, cut-up budget MGM DVD for heavens sake! I've been a
> supporter of DVDsoon for three years, even through the rough patch
> last year, but now..... I don't know.
>



My copy of HAWAII was also cancelled, twice. The first time it took me
almost 2 months of writing before they credited the payment back to my
account, as they issued a credit for $0.00.

When I reordered it the price had increased from $6;95 to $11.95. That
order has now been cancelled by DVDSoon, along with other DVDs that were on
order.

I now have a substantial credit to use on my account, Having had more than
enough of dealing with this company I decided to apply for the credit to be
refunded back to my Visa card, only to find that this feature is now
"temporarily unavailable" on their site.

I've been told that the site is being revamped, and I'll be able to get a
refund through their site in approxiamtely 3 weeks time. I very much doubt
if this will happen. Time will tell.

After dealing with this company for over a year, and waiting, at times, for
over 3 months to receive readily available titles, enough is enough.

If anyone is still considering ordering from this compnay I'd advise you to
first check out the forums on DVDtalk at:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430162

Steve.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVDSoon.com question Dave Garrett DVD Video 1 11-22-2004 08:32 PM
MGM Scorsese Set, 2 disc Raging Bull? DVDSoon Simon Howson DVD Video 7 11-17-2004 02:21 PM
DVDSoon "saw it cheaper elsewhere" gone? JF Sebastian DVD Video 5 09-11-2004 01:08 PM
OT: DVDSoon returns Advice Dragon DVD Video 14 05-09-2004 01:48 PM
Q: DVDSoon Lost shipments Z DVD Video 2 10-02-2003 12:54 PM



Advertisments