Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > WAAAAY OFF TOPIC... but funny.

WAAAAY OFF TOPIC... but funny.

Lookingglass

"La Donna Mobile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:db566h$noj$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> And all I have to get excited about is snails. I did have a mouse a
> couple of years ago. It died on my kitchen floor. That scared me.
>
> --
> http://www.madmusingsof.me.uk/weblog/
> http://www.geraldine-curtis.me.uk/photoblog/

LOL...!!!

dave..... www.Shemakhan.com

GMAN

In article <de9Be.145155$(E-Mail Removed)>, Allen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> We've got coyotes down the hill (it's a little wilderness in the middle
>> of a suburb); occasionally they'll get in a fight with a neighbor's dog
>> (which usually comes out worse for the encounter). One day there was one
>> in the middle of our street, though it took off as soon as people showed
>> up.
>>
>> Bob Harper

>Your coyotes leave when they see people? They pay little attention to
>us in my neighborhood. A few months ago I drove in my driveway , got
>out of my car, and saw one trotting up my neighbor's drive, about 50
>feet away. I yelled at it, it gave me a "your point is?" look and
>continued at its same pace. I live in Austin, in an area that it quite
>thoroughly developed, but it might as well be a wildlife refuge. In
>addition to raccoons, possums, squirrels and coyotes, we have deer all
>over the place, enough to be a driving hazard; they pay no attention at
>all to humans. Every year we have several fawns born in our back yard.
>Allen

We have Cougar, Deer, Skunk, Racoon, and porcupine wandering into Salt Lake
City all the time.

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=39&sid=117977

H E Pennypacker

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:33:18 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (GMAN) wrote:

>>> We've got coyotes down the hill (it's a little wilderness in the middle
>>> of a suburb); occasionally they'll get in a fight with a neighbor's dog
>>> (which usually comes out worse for the encounter). One day there was one
>>> in the middle of our street, though it took off as soon as people showed
>>> up.
>>>
>>> Bob Harper

>>Your coyotes leave when they see people? They pay little attention to
>>us in my neighborhood. A few months ago I drove in my driveway , got
>>out of my car, and saw one trotting up my neighbor's drive, about 50
>>feet away. I yelled at it, it gave me a "your point is?" look and
>>continued at its same pace. I live in Austin, in an area that it quite
>>thoroughly developed, but it might as well be a wildlife refuge. In
>>addition to raccoons, possums, squirrels and coyotes, we have deer all
>>over the place, enough to be a driving hazard; they pay no attention at
>>all to humans. Every year we have several fawns born in our back yard.
>>Allen
>>

>We have Cougar, Deer, Skunk, Racoon, and porcupine wandering into Salt Lake
>City all the time.
>
>http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=39&sid=117977

Alert Alert Alert! Latest badger news
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Badger mistaken for burglar

A badger broke into a house and woke up the neighbours by breaking a
window during its escape.

The badger is thought to have entered the house in Swindon through a
cat flap and made its way upstairs to a bedroom.

A police spokesman said: "Once there, it tried to jump through the
window, causing the window to smash, and injuring itself."

Resident Pamela Mackie, 78, was alerted to the disturbance by a
neighbour but she thought she was being burgled and was "too
frightened" to enter the room.

Police found the badger, "injured and dazed", reports BBC online

It was taken for treatment to Swindon and District Animal Haven.

John Warwick, from the centre, said: "It's a young male, it looks to
have been suffering pain from some old injuries, possibly in fights
with other badgers, and was probably looking for a quiet, safe place.

"They're very inquisitive animals which is how it ended up upstairs."

The animal will be nursed back to health.

Bill Vermillion

In article <db0ek8$ogs$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Dana Hill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Lookingglass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's kinda warm tonight here in San Francisco... I had the back door open
>> (for cross-ventilation) with the screen-door closed to keep the cat in. I
>> was
>> in the bedroom watching something on the TV... when the cat comes
>> barreling
>> into the room... she leaps onto the bed... ears straight up... hair on
>> end... staring at the bedroom door (Lassie-like!). So I figured, Oh-Oh!!!
>> someone's come in the back door. So I get out of bed... head for the
>> kitchen
>> (I had all the lights out), and I hear someone over by the cat's food
>> bowl... turn on the light and there's a big ol' raccoon gnawing on the
>> cat's
>> goodies... he looks at me like he owns the place!!! I grabbed my trusty
>> digital camera and got some great shots to show the folks at work... he
>> was
>> after all a friendly sort of fellow... although I certainly didn't try to
>> pet him... he scratched alot between snacks and had big claws...! Then I
>> quietly got the broom and escorted the critter out the back screen door...
>> the same one he tore a hole in... Now the cat is "antsy" and she's pacing
>> back and forth... I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight!
>>
>> This is probably regular stuff for you country folk, but for this city-boy
>> it's pretty exciting.
>>
>> OK... you can all go back to doing what it is you do................

>I suppose that Gainesville is essentially wilderness compared to
>San Francisco, but, for what it's worth, I, too, had contact with
>a raccoon yesterday. I was driving across campus, and it went
>racing across the two lane road from a horse pasture to a marshy
>lake. It's a good thing the speed limit is 20mph campus-wide.

>I am impressed that you feel safe enough to sleep with your back
>door open. A mighty fortress is my house.

And many of the 'coons in Florida have rabies. Just a few years
ago all pets had to be kept inside during the worst part.

And there was a family of them living in a tree in my back yard a
few years ago. And this is inside a well-populated city.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Bill Vermillion

In article <lQjBe.169$(E-Mail Removed)>,
REG <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Paging Phillip Glass

Knock Knock.

Whos's There?