Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > WAAAAY OFF TOPIC... but funny.

WAAAAY OFF TOPIC... but funny.

Raymond Hall

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Brodieman wrote:
>>The same thing happens to me here in South East >England, but with badgers
>>instead =/
>>My cat is no match for those ****ers

> Check these ****ers out:
>
> <http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com>

Kool. D F-D doing some funky badger stuff?

Ray H
Taree

Allen

Bob Harper wrote:

> We've got coyotes down the hill (it's a little wilderness in the middle
> of a suburb); occasionally they'll get in a fight with a neighbor's dog
> (which usually comes out worse for the encounter). One day there was one
> in the middle of our street, though it took off as soon as people showed
> up.
>
> Bob Harper

Your coyotes leave when they see people? They pay little attention to
us in my neighborhood. A few months ago I drove in my driveway , got
out of my car, and saw one trotting up my neighbor's drive, about 50
feet away. I yelled at it, it gave me a "your point is?" look and
continued at its same pace. I live in Austin, in an area that it quite
thoroughly developed, but it might as well be a wildlife refuge. In
addition to raccoons, possums, squirrels and coyotes, we have deer all
over the place, enough to be a driving hazard; they pay no attention at
all to humans. Every year we have several fawns born in our back yard.
Allen

dana@danajohnhill.com

I suppose that Gainesville is essentially wilderness compared to San
Francisco, but, for what it's worth, I, too, had contact with a raccoon

yesterday. I was driving across campus, and it went racing across the
two
lane road from a horse pasture to a marshy lake. It's a good thing the

speed limit is 20mph campus-wide.

I am impressed that you feel safe enough to sleep with your back door
open.
A mighty fortress is my house.

Dana Hill
Gainesville, Florida
Photography: www.danajohnhill.com
Personal: www.danajohnhill.org

Figaropcb@aol.com

I live in the "wilds" of Manhattan. A couple of years ago I was
walking to work through Central Park. Sauntering down the exact middle
of the road, as if he owned the whole town, was a big, really fat
raccoon. Not a sight you see too often in Manhattan!

Regards,

Paul

Dan Tritter

> I live in the "wilds" of Manhattan. A couple of years ago I was
> walking to work through Central Park. Sauntering down the exact middle
> of the road, as if he owned the whole town, was a big, really fat
> raccoon. Not a sight you see too often in Manhattan!
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

did you get his name? did you recommend the atkins diet?

Lookingglass

"Raymond Hall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sZ8Be.44827$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Check these ****ers out:
>>
>> <http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com>

> Kool. D F-D doing some funky badger stuff?
>
> Ray H
> Taree

I can't believe I sat here for a few minutes watching that!!! I was waiting
for the "plot" to change...?!? LOL

dave................ www.Shemakhan.com

A. Brain

"Dan Tritter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> I live in the "wilds" of Manhattan. A couple of years ago I was
>> walking to work through Central Park. Sauntering down the exact
>> middle
>> of the road, as if he owned the whole town, was a big, really fat
>> raccoon. Not a sight you see too often in Manhattan!

A couple of years ago, I was drving on the Cross County Parkway
just outside of Manhattan and was startled to see four large wild
turkeys standing on the side of the road. A couple of weeks later,
CNN had a story about these birds hanging out in Manhattan as
well.

--
A. Brain

Remove NOSPAM for email.

A. Brain

"Bob Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We've got coyotes down the hill (it's a little wilderness in the
> middle of a suburb); occasionally they'll get in a fight with a
> neighbor's dog (which usually comes out worse for the encounter). One
> day there was one in the middle of our street, though it took off as
> soon as people showed up.

Plenty of wildlife here in inner city Houston, "inner city" meaning to
me within fifteen minutes of a cinema that plays foreign or "art house"
films.

Summer's here and the beautiful sounds emanating from mockingbirds
are gone. There are plenty of raccoons, possums, chameleons, etc.

Not too long ago, I was walking two terriers, my own and my sister's,
and fortunately I was the first one to spot two baby possoms
in the moonlight just outside my front door. Thank goodness they
had already learned how to play possum.

A couple of years ago there was a fascinating article about
opossums somewhere on the internet, basically about how
this animal gets a bad rap. Raccoons, on the other hand,
can be vicious, but they are so cute...

You linguists: Where is the possum/opossum line in the U.S.?
--
A. Brain

Remove NOSPAM for email.

REG

Paging Phillip Glass

"Brodieman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Brodieman wrote:
> > >The same thing happens to me here in South East >England, but with

badgers
> > >instead =/
> > >My cat is no match for those ****ers

> > Check these ****ers out:
> >
> > <http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com>
> >

> yikes!

La Donna Mobile

Lookingglass wrote:

>It's kinda warm tonight here in San Francisco... I had the back door open
>(for cross-ventilation) with the screen-door closed to keep the cat in. I
>was
>in the bedroom watching something on the TV... when the cat comes barreling
>into the room... she leaps onto the bed... ears straight up... hair on
>end... staring at the bedroom door (Lassie-like!). So I figured, Oh-Oh!!!
>someone's come in the back door. So I get out of bed... head for the kitchen
>(I had all the lights out), and I hear someone over by the cat's food
>bowl... turn on the light and there's a big ol' raccoon gnawing on the cat's
>goodies... he looks at me like he owns the place!!! I grabbed my trusty
>digital camera and got some great shots to show the folks at work... he was
>after all a friendly sort of fellow... although I certainly didn't try to
>pet him... he scratched alot between snacks and had big claws...! Then I
>quietly got the broom and escorted the critter out the back screen door...
>the same one he tore a hole in... Now the cat is "antsy" and she's pacing
>back and forth... I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight!
>
>This is probably regular stuff for you country folk, but for this city-boy
>it's pretty exciting.
>
>OK... you can all go back to doing what it is you do................
>

>dave... www.Shemakhan.com

And all I have to get excited about is snails. I did have a mouse a
couple of years ago. It died on my kitchen floor. That scared me.

--
http://www.madmusingsof.me.uk/weblog/
http://www.geraldine-curtis.me.uk/photoblog/