Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > LCD TVs--No longer disappointed

LCD TVs--No longer disappointed

The Man Behind The Curtain

The Human Adventure Continues:

I went into another store that had the same TV (Sharp AQUOS LC-45GD6U
45" LCD) and asked for a demonstration with my same DVD. This time the
picture was smashing.

This sales clerk also seemed to know a lot more than the ones at the
other store. At least, he didn't have to disappear into the back room
for five minutes at a time while trying to set it up, every time he
reached a point where he was confoozed.

Anyway, the video did not have the flicker this time when the camera
panned, or at least if it did, it was BARELY noticible, no more so than
plasma. The clerk said the other store probably had the player set to
"composite." I believe they asked me how I wanted it set up and
stressed they would NOT set it up to composite, but rather "component,"
or something like that. He said maybe so, but perhaps they did have it
set up wrong and didn't know it. Being how technically familiar they
seemed to be with the equipment, I wouldn't be surprised.

He also showed me HDMI settings, to get an even better picture. Now I
have another thing to learn about. Sheesh, it never stops....

But at least I know the Sharp really doesn't blow. It even looked good
playing VHS tapes on a JVC.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

John

Tarkus

On 7/8/2005 12:59:29 PM, The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:

> But at least I know the Sharp really doesn't blow. It even looked good
> playing VHS tapes on a JVC.
>
> (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Heh.
--
"Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade."

Now playing: "G3 - Fugue"

Brent Geery

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:59:29 GMT, The Man Behind The Curtain
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The Human Adventure Continues:
>
> I went into another store that had the same TV (Sharp AQUOS LC-45GD6U
> 45" LCD) and asked for a demonstration with my same DVD. This time the
> picture was smashing.
>
> This sales clerk also seemed to know a lot more than the ones at the
> other store. At least, he didn't have to disappear into the back room
> for five minutes at a time while trying to set it up, every time he
> reached a point where he was confoozed.
>
> Anyway, the video did not have the flicker this time when the camera
> panned, or at least if it did, it was BARELY noticible, no more so than
> plasma. The clerk said the other store probably had the player set to
> "composite." I believe they asked me how I wanted it set up and
> stressed they would NOT set it up to composite, but rather "component,"
> or something like that. He said maybe so, but perhaps they did have it
> set up wrong and didn't know it. Being how technically familiar they
> seemed to be with the equipment, I wouldn't be surprised.
>
> He also showed me HDMI settings, to get an even better picture. Now I
> have another thing to learn about. Sheesh, it never stops....
>
> But at least I know the Sharp really doesn't blow. It even looked good
> playing VHS tapes on a JVC.
>
> (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Why not just get a nice DLP front projector?

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.

Lookingglass

"The Man Behind The Curtain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Human Adventure Continues:
>
> I went into another store that had the same TV (Sharp AQUOS LC-45GD6U 45"
> LCD) and asked for a demonstration with my same DVD. This time the
> picture was smashing.

(snip)

> John>
> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

I couldn't figure why you weren't happy with the LCD... I weighed all the
pros and cons and the Aquos was the one for me... all that great display and
light weight too. It's not perfect but it will do till they improve it...
after all, it's only TV.

Glad you are pleased with it...

dave...................... www.Shemakhan.com

Mike

"Lookingglass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "The Man Behind The Curtain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The Human Adventure Continues:
> >
> > I went into another store that had the same TV (Sharp AQUOS LC-45GD6U

45"
> > LCD) and asked for a demonstration with my same DVD. This time the
> > picture was smashing.

love LCD now.. far better to watch DVD on than CRT and more relaxing to
watch for long periods.. the contrast still not quite as good as CRT though
but I can live with that for the true to life picture it gives.. just like
being there!

Mike

The Man Behind The Curtain

Brent Geery wrote:

> Why not just get a nice DLP front projector?

Is it three inches thick?

John

Disappointed with Firefox's pop-up blocker History Fan Firefox 36 08-16-2005 09:54 PM
LCD TVs--disappointed The Man Behind The Curtain DVD Video 72 07-07-2005 11:53 PM
Programs taking longer and longer to start up. Help please. Goforit Computer Information 9 07-25-2004 06:34 AM
Disappointed mario MCSE 87 06-12-2004 12:26 PM
Disappointed by Digital Rebel (Canon EOS-300D) Open Wound Digital Photography 11 03-07-2004 10:15 PM

Advertisments