Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Getting a little concerned about DVD Pacific...

Getting a little concerned about DVD Pacific...

The Man With No Name

For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8 (this
was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive
(one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating were
I buy my DVDs.
Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

Idunno?

The Man With No Name wrote:
> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
> order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
> still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8 (this
> was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
> Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive
> (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating were
> I buy my DVDs.
> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

They have just had a long weekend in the US being Independence day so
maybe that is why not filled? Have you e-mailed them? They respond to
and rectify any problems very quickly in my experience. I am guessing
not otheriwse you would not be posting here. No problems here with
pacific. As for delivery times this is a post office problem and not
really something pacific can do much with. Did you check the post date
on your shipment? If dated from post office when they say they shipped
then you should maybe speak with your local PO perhaps.

Sean O'Hara

In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Man With No Name
declared:
> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just
> checked my order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for
> some reason they still haven't filled the last few items,) and
> the price has gone up $8 (this was *after* I made my order (no
> I'm not talking about shipping-charges. Seems that several of the
> items have increased in price by a dollar.)) Add to which, the
> fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive (one day
> short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating
> were I buy my DVDs. Has there been a recent change in management
> at DVDPacific?

On the other hand, my copy of the new Bill and Ted boxset arrived on
Friday, a full week and a half before its release date.

What shipping option are you using? I know their cheapest method
takes absurdly long, which is why I always go for the standard shipping.

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Zapp Brannigan: The key to victory is discipline, and that means a

Harry

Sean O'Hara wrote:
> In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful The Man With No Name
> declared:
> > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just
> > checked my order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for
> > some reason they still haven't filled the last few items,) and
> > the price has gone up $8 (this was *after* I made my order (no
> > I'm not talking about shipping-charges. Seems that several of the
> > items have increased in price by a dollar.)) Add to which, the
> > fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive (one day
> > short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating
> > were I buy my DVDs. Has there been a recent change in management
> > at DVDPacific?
> >

> On the other hand, my copy of the new Bill and Ted boxset arrived on
> Friday, a full week and a half before its release date.
>
> What shipping option are you using? I know their cheapest method
> takes absurdly long, which is why I always go for the standard shipping.

Use priorty mail and deliveries are quick. Surface mail can take some
time though. Mine arrive within the week normally with Priority. All my
orders for titles listed in stock generally ship within 24 hours or
quicker. Never seen a title change price in my account and I have LOTS
of orders with DVD Pacific. They have changed at the site but price in
my account always remains the same as when I ordered it. Are you sure
your looking in the correct currency selection? I have done this before
and then realised was not viewing in Aussie Dollars. DVD Pacific are an
excellent place to shop for region 1 DVD's and as was mentioned prior
just e-mail them if you ever have any problems as they always answer
quickly. This is one thing I love about them. You get e-mails answered
by real people and not those automated junk.

Mark Spiteri

Recently discovered this company through Bizrate and have had nothing but
first class service from them. I do hope there is no changes in
management/ownership as presently extremely happy. I have been using USPS
First Class/Priority and receiving them within 2 to 3 days here in NC. A
larger order I had sent FedEx Ground and that took 3 days but I liked that I
could have insured and with tracking.

"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cc02b1$0$20023$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
> order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
> still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8
> (this
> was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
> Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive
> (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating
> were
> I buy my DVDs.
> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

shaun cooper

surely couldnt be worse than fukn dvd soon

"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cc02b1$0$20023$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
> order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
> still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

(this
> was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
> Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

arrive
> (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

were
> I buy my DVDs.
> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

Film Buff

My one complaint with them is advertising an item as being in stock -
placing an order for it - and getting an e-mail saying it hasn't
arrived and is backordered.
The last time this happened I went ahead and told them to go ahead and
leave it in BO status and ship it to me when it arrived. Six weeks
later I still had not heard from them and called them and they stated
the item had still not been sent by their distributor.
Now, if I place an order and an advertised item shows up as not in
stock I cancel my order and go else where.
DVD Pacific does not deal with any major distributors. I do not know
who their distributor is but it is a small distributor and when an
order is placed for a smaller title they have to let the distributor
order it and he may or may not get it in.

Otherwise when are in stock they are excellent about sending them and
priority is the FASTEST!

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 02:10:53 +1000, "The Man With No Name"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
>order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
>still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8 (this
>was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
>Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to arrive
>(one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating were
>I buy my DVDs.
> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

The Man With No Name

"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cc02b1$0$20023$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
> order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
> still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

(this
> was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
> Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

arrive
> (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

were
> I buy my DVDs.
> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?

Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
store.

Goro

The Man With No Name wrote:
> "The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42cc02b1$0$20023$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> > For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
> > order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
> > still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

> (this
> > was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
> > Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
> > Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

> arrive
> > (one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

> were
> > I buy my DVDs.
> > Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?
> >

> Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
> price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
> calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
> So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
> store.

ok. that's good. i've pre-orderd items at a low price and have had
the price go up after i placed the order. The price for my pre-ordered
stayed at the initial price.

The only problem i've ever had with them is with returns. I've had a
couple of RATTLERS (discs that come loose from the hub) and have had
scratches on them so that they play erratically on some of my players.
Unlike (say) Amazon who would just exchange it out for me, DVDPacific
made me send the disc to them so that they could test it out on their
dvd players. 4 weeks later, they told me that it played fine and that
they would not exchange it. This really surprised me at the time b/c
their customer service otherwise has been excellent.

-goro-

spodosaurus

Goro wrote:
> The Man With No Name wrote:
>
>>"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:42cc02b1$0$20023$(E-Mail Removed) .au...
>>
>>>For the most part, this company has been excellent. But, I just checked my
>>>order (all the items are listed as "in stock," but for some reason they
>>>still haven't filled the last few items,) and the price has gone up $8

>>(this
>>
>>>was *after* I made my order (no I'm not talking about shipping-charges.
>>>Seems that several of the items have increased in price by a dollar.))
>>> Add to which, the fact that my last order took about three-weeks to

>>arrive
>>
>>>(one day short, I think, of being overdue,) and I may be re-evaluating

>>were
>>
>>>I buy my DVDs.
>>> Has there been a recent change in management at DVDPacific?
>>>

>> Quick update. I finally did contact DVDPacific, and it turns out the
>>price-changes were just due to currency-conversion (the price is all
>>calculated in US dollars, with the AUS dollars just being an estimate.)
>> So; disregard my earlier criticisms. DVDPacific is still an excellent
>>store.

> ok. that's good. i've pre-orderd items at a low price and have had
> the price go up after i placed the order. The price for my pre-ordered
> stayed at the initial price.
>
> The only problem i've ever had with them is with returns. I've had a
> couple of RATTLERS (discs that come loose from the hub) and have had
> scratches on them so that they play erratically on some of my players.
> Unlike (say) Amazon who would just exchange it out for me, DVDPacific
> made me send the disc to them so that they could test it out on their
> dvd players. 4 weeks later, they told me that it played fine and that
> they would not exchange it. This really surprised me at the time b/c
> their customer service otherwise has been excellent.
>
> -goro-

I prefer DVDPacific to DVDSoon, but DVDPacific's policy of having me
ship defective discs back to them from Australia is really shitting me.
DVDSoon just send out replacement discs when required. Smallville season
3 from DVDPacific had three EXTREMELY scratched discs...had to wait
about a month before getting the replacement ones back. Not happy.

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/