Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Small crack in a DVD, will it get worse?

Small crack in a DVD, will it get worse?

Eric Gisin

"Camper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VZmCe.50792$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Eric Gisin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> NOT AT THE HUB.
> >> Period.
> >>

> > Bullshit. I can see a seam on the hub edge of my pressed DVDs.

> Pressed DVDs are a different kettle of fish.

All DVDs are two thick pieces of polycarbonate.
Cheap ones are not polished, so you can feel the seam.

Impmon

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 06:34:29 GMT, "Camper" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Pressed DVDs are a different kettle of fish.

No it's not. All pressed CD and single layer DVD have 2 layers with
the pressed data layer in between. Dual layer have 2 data layers in
between.

The only single layer non pressed discs I know of are burnable CD and
DVDs, the data layer is on the thin film on top of the disc.