Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Adventures of Superman -- official release plans

Adventures of Superman -- official release plans

anthony

It's official at last -- the one and only genuine hand-knitted Superman
is about to be up up and away.
Here's the URL for official release details and cover slick. The wait
is over -- almost.....

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3610

Fuzzy Wuzzy

"anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It's official at last -- the one and only genuine hand-knitted Superman
> is about to be up up and away.
> Here's the URL for official release details and cover slick. The wait
> is over -- almost.....
>
> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3610

man, they are some super underpants

atec

Fuzzy Wuzzy wrote:
> "anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>>It's official at last -- the one and only genuine hand-knitted Superman
>>is about to be up up and away.
>>Here's the URL for official release details and cover slick. The wait
>>is over -- almost.....
>>
>>http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3610
>>

> man, they are some super underpants

You should have seen it splashed across a picture screen when a nipper ,
really scary .

Luke Hooft

"anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It's official at last -- the one and only genuine hand-knitted Superman
> is about to be up up and away.
> Here's the URL for official release details and cover slick. The wait
> is over -- almost.....
>
> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3610

I'm more interested in seeing the Kirk Alyn serials. And the second of 2
Batman serials has been released, but not the first, unfortunately.

George Reeves though... I just laugh when I see pictures, he's about the
worst Superman (physically) you could get, short of also being bald and
overweight.

Ben Affleck is playing him in a movie too, which is weird because he looks
nothing like Reeves but would have made a way better Superman (physically)
than Reeves.

LH

Mike

Did you ever see what muclemen looked like in the 50's? They always had
that beefy, slightly chunky look. They padded his costume to achieve
that look.

Luke Hooft wrote:

> George Reeves though... I just laugh when I see pictures, he's about the
> worst Superman (physically) you could get, short of also being bald and
> overweight.

Matthew(He Who Walks Behind The Rows)

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 02:42:04 +0930, "Luke Hooft" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> It's official at last -- the one and only genuine hand-knitted Superman
>> is about to be up up and away.
>> Here's the URL for official release details and cover slick. The wait
>> is over -- almost.....
>>
>> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3610

>I'm more interested in seeing the Kirk Alyn serials. And the second of 2
>Batman serials has been released, but not the first, unfortunately.
>
>George Reeves though... I just laugh when I see pictures, he's about the
>worst Superman (physically) you could get, short of also being bald and
>overweight.
>
>Ben Affleck is playing him in a movie too, which is weird because he looks
>nothing like Reeves but would have made a way better Superman (physically)
>than Reeves.
>
>LH

anyone is better than Brandon Routh though!

NewcastleBoy

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:14:42 +1000, "Matthew(He Who Walks Behind The
Rows)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
Even Ashton Kutcher?

- NewcastleBoy

>anyone is better than Brandon Routh though!

Luke Hooft

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you ever see what muclemen looked like in the 50's? They always had
> that beefy, slightly chunky look. They padded his costume to achieve
> that look.

Reeves' physique was the least of his problems. He just looked crap. Like
someone's daggy dad.

LH

Luke Hooft

"Matthew(He Who Walks Behind The Rows)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> anyone is better than Brandon Routh though!

Yeah, because you've seen him as Superman already and he sucked? Because he
just happened not to be cast as a teen Clark 5 years ago on TV?

Going on looks alone (which is the only thing we can judge him by yet) Routh
is the Best Superman after Christopher Reeve.

Anyone is beter than Tom Welling, I say.

LH

Luke Hooft

"Luke Hooft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1Pexe.484$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ben Affleck is playing him in a movie too, which is weird because he looks
> nothing like Reeves but would have made a way better Superman (physically)
> than Reeves.

Saw Kyle MacLachlan doing recent interviews on the latest DVD set of Dune.
He definitely looked like a better looking version of Reeves. There's a
definite resemblance, and I think he definitely should have played Reeves in
the biopic like the original directors wanted several years ago (they got
kicked off for wanting him, apparently). He looked great in his screentest,
quite uncanny:

http://filmforce.ign.com/superman/ar.../368800p1.html

LH