Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New releases: Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, Danielle Steel's & More UMD: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists

New releases: Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, Danielle Steel's & More UMD: Updated complete R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Buena Vista will release the recent Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy on
September 13th. There will be separate P&S and widescreen variations both
with Dolby 5.1 audio and listing for $29.99. The initial announcement stated
that full specs with extras are forthcoming.

Coming from Eagle Vision on August 30th:
Busta Rhymes: Everything Remains Raw (UMD)
Marilyn Manson: God, Guns and Government (UMD)
Puddle of Mudd: Striking That Familiar Chord (UMD)
Snoop Dogg: Puff Puff Pass Tour (UMD)
Up In Smoke Tour (UMD)
Each title will list for $19.98.

On September 27th Warner Brothers will release several of their TV Favorites
series. These are basically low cost, $9.99, best of samplers.
Cheyenne: TV Favorites
Chico And The Man: TV Favorites
Dukes of Hazzard: TV Favorites
F Troop: TV Favorites
Maverick: TV Favorites

A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
season sets and UMD titles are included:
August 23rd:
Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
Halloween (UMD)
Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

September 6th:
10 Minute Solution: Kickboxing
10 Minute Solution: Yoga
21 Jump Street: Season 3
Dead & Breakfast
Doogie Howser, M.D: Season #2
Thunderstruck

September 13th:
Fright Pack: Man's Worst Friends
Fright Pack: Walking Dead

September 20th:
Crime Story: Complete 1st Season
Crime Story: Complete 2nd Season
Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast
Crunch: Fat Burning Ab Attack

Also on September 20th from Anchor Bay are a series of Danielle Steel's made
for TV movies:
Danielle Steel's Heartbeat
Danielle Steel's Mixed Blessing
Danielle Steel's Once In A Lifetime
Danielle Steel's Perfect Stranger
Danielle Steel's Remembrance
Danielle Steel's The Ring
Each will list for $12.95.

Recently shown on the Sci-Fi channel The Fallen Ones will be released by
Anchor Bay on September 20th.

Coming out from Anime Works/Media Blasters:
September 13th:
Being
Genshiken #2: Model Citizens
Otogi Zoshi #4: Modern History
Shura No Toki #6: Age Of Chaos
Widow

September 27th:
Ah! My Goddess #1 (w/ Collector's Box)
Ah! My Goddess #1: Always & Forever
Black Gate
Devil Dog
Dragonhead
Sensitive Pornograph

Married... With Children: Season #4 will be released by Fox on August 30th
listing for $39.95.

Fox also will release the UMD version of Robots on September 20th.

Paramount will release several titles, also including some television season
sets:
September 13th:
Brady Bunch: Seasons #1 - #3
Brady Bunch: The Complete 3rd Season
Cheers: Seasons #1 - #6
Cheers: The Complete 6th Season
Frasier: Seasons #1 - #6 & #11
Frasier: The Complete 6th Season
George Lopez: Why You Crying
Taxi: Complete 3rd Season
Taxi: Seasons #1 - #3
Transformers: Cybertron - A New Beginning
Weebles: Sharing In The Fun

On September 20th Paramount as a couple of UMD releases:
Longest Yard (UMD)
Ren & Stimpy Show: Seasons #1 & #2 (UMD)

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 66,610 titles. Changes and additions this week number 542 and there
are 2,753 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Punk: Attitude, Prozac Nation, Fantastic Four (1994
Animated), Admissions and Outer Limits Collections . Recent reviews include
Admissions, Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos: Season 5The Aviator,
Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct 13, Six Feet Under: Season
3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity, Book of Love (2004),
Meet the Fockers, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Tweeked, A-Team Season 2,
Knight Rider Season 2 and Magnum PI Season 2. Updates to the DVD database,
including release specifications usually made twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Stan Brown

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:55:46 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
>season sets and UMD titles are included:
>August 23rd:
>Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
>Halloween (UMD)
>Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Dick Sidbury

Stan Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:06:26 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>>I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
>>>and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

>>It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
>>the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
>>titles on this format.

> Thank you!

Does the UMD disk play on regular players? I assume with a name like
Universal that it would.

dick
-- but you never know with marketing.

Doug MacLean

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:55:46 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
>>season sets and UMD titles are included:
>>August 23rd:
>>Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
>>Halloween (UMD)
>>Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

> I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
> and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
> other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

Hi Stan,

It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
titles on this format.

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
home of the web's most complete and frequently updated downloadable list
of all region one DVDs including out of print, future and current releases,
DVD Reviews and Home Theater Advice

Joshua Zyber

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:izoye.26827$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD
> specifically for the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios
> are releasing their titles on this format.

UMD is actually for the PSP Playstation Portable, not Playstation 2.

Stan Brown

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
>> and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

>It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
>the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
>titles on this format.

Thank you!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/