Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New HD Tv Aspect ratio question.

New HD Tv Aspect ratio question.

Kate Jackson

New HD Tv Aspect ratio question.

I download plenty of TV eps as i miss them when iam at work. Anyway i
mostly convert them to 16/9 VCD or SVCD using Procoder.

If they are 16/9 they should fill the whole screen the original files
are 16/9 format.

Just somthing i would like to know as i want to use the WHOLE SCREEN

I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
top bottom not sure why.

Thanks.

Biz

Besides what I replied in another NG, check out www.widescreen.org for
examples and explanations..

"Kate Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> New HD Tv Aspect ratio question.
>
> I download plenty of TV eps as i miss them when iam at work. Anyway i
> mostly convert them to 16/9 VCD or SVCD using Procoder.
>

> If they are 16/9 they should fill the whole screen the original files
> are 16/9 format.
>
> Just somthing i would like to know as i want to use the WHOLE SCREEN
>

> I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
> top bottom not sure why.
>
> Thanks.

Netmask

Hi Kate,

All digital transmissions in Australia are 16:9 regardless whether in
standard definition or the occasional HD. If you are viewing on a normal TV
that is a 4:3 screen you will have black bars top and bottom. Many TV series
especially US are still shot in 4:3.
If you want to display these transmissions so that the image fills the
entire TV screen, normally there is a menu item on the STB remote sometimes
called 4:3 centre cut or full screen etc etc.
Not sure what files you have but if they are mpeg2 files you could use a
program called AutoGK to make Divx files (much better than SVCD or VCD) and
they will fit on a CDR. This program has a black detect and autocrop feature
that should fix your problem.You can play Divx on your computer and some of
the newer DVD players, like the Zensonic or Telefunken or Aldi Tevion

"Kate Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> New HD Tv Aspect ratio question.
>
> I download plenty of TV eps as i miss them when iam at work. Anyway i
> mostly convert them to 16/9 VCD or SVCD using Procoder.
>

> If they are 16/9 they should fill the whole screen the original files
> are 16/9 format.
>
> Just somthing i would like to know as i want to use the WHOLE SCREEN
>

> I know i have read that sometimes their are bars on the left right and
> top bottom not sure why.
>
> Thanks.

Kate Jackson

Dont have a Divx player than thats why i converted them to VCD

And i don't want one or need one. Once i connec tmy PC to my TV my PC
will be my Divx player. And it will play everything