Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Internet Savvy DVD Changer?

Internet Savvy DVD Changer?

Rich Fife

I apologize if this turns out to be an easy question, but my Google
search have turned up nothing but chaff.

Is there such a thing as a DVD/CD changer that has ethernet / internet
connectivity to download titles and thumbnails for the CDs and DVDs in
it's tray and display them?

Remembering things by number is getting old and entering titles by
keyboard isn't gonna happen.

Thanks!

-- Rich Fife --

Impmon

On 14 Jun 2005 13:16:25 -0700, "Rich Fife" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I apologize if this turns out to be an easy question, but my Google
>search have turned up nothing but chaff.
>
>Is there such a thing as a DVD/CD changer that has ethernet / internet
>connectivity to download titles and thumbnails for the CDs and DVDs in
>it's tray and display them?
>
>Remembering things by number is getting old and entering titles by
>keyboard isn't gonna happen.
>
>Thanks!

I'm not sure if such player exists. I checked www.videohelp.com for
any DVD player that are both disc changer and has ethernet connection,
got zero for it. Only 9 listed has ethernet connection none of them
disc changer.

Rich Fife

It seems the Kenwood DV5050M is closest. You can download titles to
your pc and then send them to the DVD player over a serial port.

http://store.yahoo.com/hometheaterpl...v4003didv.html

It still definitely exceeds my hassle threshold, plus it doesn't
support SACD. The quest continues.

-- Rich Fife --