Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Taiyo Yuden Problem?

Taiyo Yuden Problem?

Alpha

I received (and have verified the manufacturer) a batch of Taiyo Yuden 8x
DVD-R. I noticed that I could see on the spindle that there were 'edge'
issues --- brightness (silver) at the edge of each disc (randomly spaced)
seen when on the spindle. I have never seen this with any other disc.

All discs I have burned for data and video work fine.

However, I wonder if this is a manufacturing defect that will rear its ugly
head later. Has any one noticed this effect on their discs? Could it be a
problem in the final gluing of the disc? If so, is Taiyo Yuden, like many
brands, now suspect?

Jill haoulder

Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
that much for DVDS.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:21:45 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I received (and have verified the manufacturer) a batch of Taiyo Yuden 8x
>DVD-R. I noticed that I could see on the spindle that there were 'edge'
>issues --- brightness (silver) at the edge of each disc (randomly spaced)
>seen when on the spindle. I have never seen this with any other disc.
>
>All discs I have burned for data and video work fine.
>
>However, I wonder if this is a manufacturing defect that will rear its ugly
>head later. Has any one noticed this effect on their discs? Could it be a
>problem in the final gluing of the disc? If so, is Taiyo Yuden, like many
>brands, now suspect?

unclejr

Jill haoulder wrote:
> Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
> that much for DVDS.

Only a moron uses a meaningless acronym like DVDS. WTF is a DVDS,
anyway?

-Junior

Jill haoulder

Only a ****tard would bring such things up.

On 11 Jun 2005 05:31:50 -0700, "unclejr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jill haoulder wrote:
>> Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
>> that much for DVDS.

>Only a moron uses a meaningless acronym like DVDS. WTF is a DVDS,
>anyway?
>
>-Junior

unclejr

Jill haoulder wrote:
> Only a ****tard would bring such things up.

You are such a wordsmith. I bow to your itellectual midgetry.

My point was that if you're going to call people morons, then perhaps
YOU shouldn't come off sounding like one yourself.

-Junior

Alpha

"Jill haoulder" <43434.com.au> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
> that much for DVDS.

$.58 each is too much? Not for very highly rated media! You are not very
bright, are you?

unclejr

Alpha wrote:
> $.58 each is too much? Not for very highly rated media! You are not very
> bright, are you?

That is abundantly clear.

-Junior

john339077353@cs.com

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:45:45 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jill haoulder" <43434.com.au> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
>> that much for DVDS.
>>

>$.58 each is too much? Not for very highly rated media! You are not very
>bright, are you?

I used to pay 4 bucks each for TY's

UncleDave

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:45:45 -0700, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Jill haoulder" <43434.com.au> wrote in message
>>news(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>

>>> Taiyo Yuden are the Monster cables of the DVD world. Only Morons pay
>>> that much for DVDS.
>>>

>>$.58 each is too much? Not for very highly rated media! You are not very
>>bright, are you?
>>

> I used to pay 4 bucks each for TY's

I had a chance to get 200 Daneks for about 59.95 from Future Shop, but I had
never heard of that brand before. Did I pass up a good deal?

--- Uncle Dave

Maureen Goldman

>"UncleDave" <dhyndman(at)sasktel.net> wrote:

>I had a chance to get 200 Daneks for about 59.95 from Future Shop, but I had
>never heard of that brand before. Did I pass up a good deal?

Daytek? I didn't get the feeling they were well thought of. Try the
hot deals area of the forums at www.redflagdeals.com - a site devoted
to shopping in Canada (lots of input about electronics, blank media,
etc., often including the real manufacturer\ reputation of DVDs that
appear under well known labels)..

I bought the Benq DVDs from Future Shop when they were 200 for CAD$60.
Haven't made any coasters.