Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Software opinions sought

Software opinions sought

No One

Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
(music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 12:00:02 GMT, No One <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
>listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
>same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
>(music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
>DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
>Windows XP.

I have asked the same question here and elsewhere and only gotten a
few replies. I did manage to collect a lot of links based on comments
in various posts. If you find something useful that does exactly what
you ask for it to do based on the description above, please let me
know. Here are the many links, unsorted, unfiltered, bookmarked
indiscriminately.

http://www.womble.com/
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...22&forum_id=31
http://www.software-ph.com/articles/dvd-software.html
http://www.software-ph.com/articles/
http://www.software-ph.com/articles/...-download.html
http://www.doom9.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...d/default.mspx
http://www.atomiclearning.com/moviemaker2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...r/default.mspx
http://www.mightycoach.com/articles/mm2/
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
http://www.digitalfaq.com/
http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm
http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm
http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm
http://www.ulead.com/dmf/trial.htm
http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
http://www.ulead.com/vs/features.htm
http://www.ulead.com/learning/videoinfo.htm
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...avi_to_dvd.cfm
http://www.videoredo.com/
http://www.virtualdub.org/
http://www.virtualdub.org/download
http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/
http://www.uemedia.com/CPC/2-pop/
http://www.uemedia.net/CPC/index.shtml
http://storyloom.com/home/home.do
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/other/ph...dvd-usage.html
http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaysiteindex.fcgi
http://www.comfm.com/download/?log=52
http://www.epinions.com/content_167038389892
http://www.gocyberlink.com/eng/press...iew.jsp?id=759
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/dow...dId=4&lang=ENU
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/dow...w.jsp?ProdId=3
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/dow...dId=1&lang=ENU
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/dow...Id=24&lang=ENU
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro...n.jsp?ProdId=1
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro....jsp?ProdId=33
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro...n.jsp?ProdId=4
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro....jsp?ProdId=48
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro....jsp?ProdId=24
http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro...n.jsp?ProdId=3
http://qualityinks.com/title1.php?title_id=windvd5
http://www.vnunet.com/personal-compu...indvd-platinum
http://dvdaudiodaily.com/news/0405/1...dio.pack.shtml
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...px?NewsId=9007
http://appserv.gcn.com/22_22/executi...y/23071-1.html
http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/sof...03-11-19a.html
http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Produc...WinDVDPlatinum
http://www.techspot.com/reviews/soft...d5/index.shtml
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda_feature.html
http://www.videohelp.com/
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
http://vcdhelp.pricegrabber.com/rati...5532/id_type=M
http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVDCreator_Profile.jsp
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews54402.html
http://www.laaudiofile.com/windvdc2.html
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1635&page=5
http://crack.crackfound.com/crack_se...d%20crack.html
http://www.manifest-tech.com/links/d...llery_full.htm
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270121
http://www.doom9.org/
http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave/index.jhtml
http://www.vso-software.fr/divxtodvd/divxtodvd.htm

--

Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

"Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverence. Talent
will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education
will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and
determination alone are omnipotent."
--Calvin Coolidge

Richard Amirault

With all those crosspostings you didn't include rec.video.desktop .. IMHO,
a *much* better place to ask that question.

--
Richard Amirault N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA Go Fly A Kite
"No One" wrote in message ...
> Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
> listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the same
> with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs (music
> videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites DVD. I
> am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under Windows
> XP.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Tom

No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
@gandalf.grey-net.com:

> Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
> listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
> same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
> (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
> DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
> Windows XP.
>
> Thanks in advance.

If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

The Wizard

news:Q73qe.4481$(E-Mail Removed)...
| No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
| @gandalf.grey-net.com:
|
| > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
| > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
| > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
| > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
| > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
| > Windows XP.
| >
| > Thanks in advance.
|
| If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the same reason but
it always copied to the same folder or overwrites the original from the
first save.
I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like it,Adding
each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??

T.W.

Biz

news:Bw5qe.3916$(E-Mail Removed)...

How about reading the guides at www.dvdshrink.info

IIRC, they have an example of doing exactly what you want. In a nutshell,
its rip each scene to a seperate folder, then create a new project using
re-author mode. Its so easy an untrained chimp could do it...

Billy Joe

The Wizard wrote:
> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Q73qe.4481$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> @gandalf.grey-net.com:
>>
>>> Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to
>>> everyday
>>> listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes.
>>> I did
>>> the same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have
>>> several Video
>>> DVDs (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create
>>> my own
>>> favorites DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do
>>> that
>>> for running under Windows XP.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

>> If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

> Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the
> same
> reason but it always copied to the same folder or overwrites
> the
> original from the first save.
> I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like
> it,Adding each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
> Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??
>
> T.W.

I gotta go with the Biz on this one.

Misusing a product is not a valid criticism of the product -
beside which, you had to authorize those overwrites, no??

Untrained chimps might be a stretch, but 4 year olds might not
;-0)

BJ

GMAN

In article <Bw5qe.3916$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:Q73qe.4481$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>| No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
>| @gandalf.grey-net.com:
>|
>| > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
>| > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
>| > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
>| > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
>| > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
>| > Windows XP.
>| >
>| > Thanks in advance.
>|
>| If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.
>
>Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the same reason but
>it always copied to the same folder or overwrites the original from the
>first save.
>I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like it,Adding
>each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
>Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??
>
>T.W.

Um, select a "different" folder for the save?

Tama Mativa

i havnt tried it but dvdshrink should be able to do it using reauthor mode

www.dvdshrink.info for guides

if you want menu then use an authoring software after dvdshrink. tmpgenc dvd
author or dvd-lab can add menu and chapters

www.videohelp.com for everything videowise

news:Q73qe.4481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
> @gandalf.grey-net.com:
>
> > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
> > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
> > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
> > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
> > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
> > Windows XP.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

> If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

Goro

Tama Mativa wrote:
> i havnt tried it but dvdshrink should be able to do it using reauthor mode
>
> www.dvdshrink.info for guides
>
> if you want menu then use an authoring software after dvdshrink. tmpgenc dvd
> author or dvd-lab can add menu and chapters
>
> www.videohelp.com for everything videowise
>
> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Q73qe.4481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > No One <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
> > @gandalf.grey-net.com:
> >
> > > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
> > > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
> > > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
> > > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
> > > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
> > > Windows XP.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

> > If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

I agree with DVDShrink.

I use it often to make Best Of TV eps dvds. Most recetnly, TWILIGHT
ZONE.

You can set the start and end frames in Shrink's reauthor mode and then
instead of burning to DVD, burn to HD folder.

Then when you've ripped all the scenes you want, use SHrink in reauthor
mode to add all those scenes to a single DVD and then burn to disc.

-goro-