Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Nero 6

Re: Nero 6

Miles

I have succeeded in burning a DVD that will play on my DVD player, thanks
to your explanation. Now I am trying to figure out how to edit my videos
with Vision Express 3. I have two questions:

1. I can't figure out how to make a title other than to have it overwrite the
video. I just want to insert a plain title page. I see the positional box
in the storyboard and it says "insert transition here by dropping it
from asset view above. What is an asset view. I can't find such a
thing.

2. Why is there no HELP button available in Vision Express 3? I really do
need it!

Thanks,
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bratboy" wrote:

If your using NVE it should be very self explanatory as the windows actually
walk you thru it but here are the basic steps

1) Launch NVE. On the very first window the top option of "What do you want
to do" is Make DVD, I always select DVD video from the 2 choices.
2) Once you make that choice the next window gives you the options for
adding the vid files and creating chapters. When done hit next
3) chose and create menus if you want em (for more menu templates visit nero
site) then hit next
4) next window will give you preview of how the disc will play, I never mess
with this window and just click next
5) at this window you get choices of burn to DVD burn to file folder etc. I
personally prefer to make mine using the write to HD files/folders and do
burn to DVD out of Nero BR but you can do it directly from NVE if you wish.
Reason I do it this way tho is so I can use a proggy like Windvd to open DVD
from folder to make sure audio is insync before I burn a disc that's not. I
usually only have problems with audio sync on HD pal captured and converted
to Xvid as the base AVI. Sometimes NVE does great but others the audio will
start going out about 50% thru.

For burning directly out of NeroBR
Open Nero, select DVD video as your choice, click new. You will get a 2
panel explorer type window. One side lists the new compilation your making
and the other side lists your HD's. browse to where you made the dvd on hd,
open the videots folder select the files and drag them to the Video_ts
folder on new compilation and then simply select the burn button and your
done

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miles" wrote:

> Where can I find step by step instructions on the use of Nero 6
> to burn a DVD? I have transferred digital video to my computer
> and edited it using Windows Movie Maker. But I can't figure
> out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
> Thanks,
> Dick

Bratboy

You mean for a DVD menu title, IE over the chapter pages? After you do the
part where you create chapters when you hit next and it displays some
templates for menu's on the right. After you select one iit will display on
the left n the little display window & along the bottom is a fill in the
info type, usually contains the name of template to begin with like "Alien
Planet" or whatever, Alll you do is type the name you want instead in that
window and then unless you just want to name each individual chapter hit
next.