Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Burning Test Results

DVD Burning Test Results

Monica

I bought Imation DVD-R. Used DVD XCopy Express to make a backup copy of a
movie using my new computer's Phillip's DVD dual layer burner (DVD-R was not
dual layer). It played on my computer but not my JVC home theater player.
My friend gave me two movies she'd backed up using the same software. She
used an Imation DVD+R and a Maxwell DVD+R. Both of these worked on my
computer AND my JVC player that's connected to the home theater. To recap
the differences: She used a single layer DVD burner and +R DVDs whereas I
used a dual layer burner and -R DVDs. We both used DVD XCopy Express to
burn. Her's worked on both of my players, mine only worked on my computer's
player. Question: Which do you think is most likely the culprit. The
dual layer burner or the + vs - DVDs?
Thanks,
Monica

Monica

The issue
turned out to be the JVC player not liking the DVD-R media. I burned the
movie to an Imation (same brand as before) DVD+R, using the same burning
software, and it worked
beautifully

"Monica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I bought Imation DVD-R. Used DVD XCopy Express to make a backup copy of a
>movie using my new computer's Phillip's DVD dual layer burner (DVD-R was
>not dual layer). It played on my computer but not my JVC home theater
>player.
> My friend gave me two movies she'd backed up using the same software. She
> used an Imation DVD+R and a Maxwell DVD+R. Both of these worked on my
> computer AND my JVC player that's connected to the home theater. To recap
> the differences: She used a single layer DVD burner and +R DVDs whereas I
> used a dual layer burner and -R DVDs. We both used DVD XCopy Express to
> burn. Her's worked on both of my players, mine only worked on my
> computer's player. Question: Which do you think is most likely the
> culprit. The dual layer burner or the + vs - DVDs?
> Thanks,
> Monica

Nicholas Andrade

Monica wrote:

> The issue
> turned out to be the JVC player not liking the DVD-R media. I burned the
> movie to an Imation (same brand as before) DVD+R, using the same burning
> software, and it worked
> beautifully

For future reference, you may want to check out videohelp.com; they have
a list of hundreds of DVD players and what media they officially accept
(as well as what users have actually gotten to work).

Monica

Thanks. I've been that site for hours upon hours. Supposedly my player
should have played the DVD-R. It's working with the +R so all is well

"Nicholas Andrade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5Uhie.693$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Monica wrote:
>
>> The issue
>> turned out to be the JVC player not liking the DVD-R media. I burned the
>> movie to an Imation (same brand as before) DVD+R, using the same burning
>> software, and it worked
>> beautifully
>>

> For future reference, you may want to check out videohelp.com; they have a
> list of hundreds of DVD players and what media they officially accept (as
> well as what users have actually gotten to work).

see.cher@your.place

look here

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Arti...+Tests&index=6