Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Nero 6

Nero 6

Miles

Where can I find step by step instructions on the use of Nero 6
to burn a DVD? I have transferred digital video to my computer
and edited it using Windows Movie Maker. But I can't figure
out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
Thanks,
Dick

Bratboy

"Miles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Where can I find step by step instructions on the use of Nero 6
> to burn a DVD? I have transferred digital video to my computer
> and edited it using Windows Movie Maker. But I can't figure
> out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
> Thanks,
> Dick

If your using NVE it should be very self explanitory as the windows actually
walk you thru it but here are the basic steps

1) Launch NVE. On the very first window the top option of "What do you want
to do" is Make DVD, I always select DVD vidoe from the 2 choices.
2) Once you make that choice the next window gives you the options for
adding the vid files and creating chapters. When done hit next
3) chose and create menus if you want em (for more menu templates visit nero
site) then hit next
4) next window will give you preview of how the disc will play, I never mess
with this window and just click next
5) at this window you get choices of burn to DVD burn to file folder etc. I
personally prefer to make mine using the write to HD files/folders and do
burn to DVD out of Nero BR but you can do it directly from NVE if you wish.
Reason I do it this way tho is so I can use a proggy like Windvd to open DVD
from folder to make sure audio is insync before I burn a disc thats not. I
usually only have problems with audio sync on HD pal captured and converted
to Xvid as the base AVI. Sometimes NVE does great but others the audio will
start going out about 50% thru.

For burning directly out of NeroBR
Open Nero, select DVD video as your choice, click new. You will get a 2
panel explorer type window. One side lists the new compilation your making
and the other side lists your HD's. browse to where you made the dvd on hd,
open the videots folder select the files and drag them to the Video_ts
folder on new compilation and then simply select the burn button and your
done

Miles

Thanks. I'll try this.
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bratboy" wrote:
[...]

I have succeeded in burning a DVD that will play on my DVD player, thanks
to your explanation. (I previously edited my video using Windows Movie
Maker successfully). Now I am trying to figure out how to edit my videos
with Vision Express 3. I have two questions:

1. I can't figure out how to make a title other than to have it overwrite the
video. I just want to insert a plain title page. I see the positional box
in the storyboard and it says "insert transition here by dropping it
from asset view above. What is an asset view. I can't find such a
thing.

2. Why is there no HELP button available in Vision Express 3? I really do
need it!

Thanks,
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bratboy" wrote:

If your using NVE it should be very self explanatory as the windows actually
walk you thru it but here are the basic steps

1) Launch NVE. On the very first window the top option of "What do you want
to do" is Make DVD, I always select DVD video from the 2 choices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miles" wrote:

> Where can I find step by step instructions on the use of Nero 6
> to burn a DVD? I have transferred digital video to my computer
> and edited it using Windows Movie Maker. But I can't figure
> out how to use Nero Vision Express to convert it to DVD format.
> Thanks,
> Dick

LEGOPIMP LEGOPIMP is offline
Junior Member

Heya,

Just captured a 3 hour VHS PAL tape using my WinFAST PVR card as MPEG2, highest quality possible, file is about 8.5GB. When I use NeroVision to make a DVD of it, it imports it and says it'll take about 7GB, which is fine as I assume my vid has more info than needed. Then I added about 40 chapters, burnt to disc and about half way through the audio goes out of sync. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Or is Nero simply not good enough to handle it? Would it make a difference if I go to hdd before burning? Or is could it be something I did during the chapter adding process? As I did go forward and back several times to get the chapters in the best spot (ie up/down arrows to agjust teconds/frame postition)?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.

Cheers!