Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best Use of DVD 'coasters'

Best Use of DVD 'coasters'

Luhan Monat

Hi,

Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
(unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Biz

I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out of
them as inexpensive gifts...

"Luhan Monat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
> (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.
>
> --
> Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
> "The future is not what it used to be..."
> http://members.cox.net/berniekm

Tarkus

On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
> of them as inexpensive gifts...

Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.
--
"The Bible says you ought not to. It says if you do that, you go
off to Hades. Some folks call it Hell, I call it Hades."

Now playing: "Rush (with E. Robertson & M. Smith) - Close To The Heart"

Chris and Rod Farran

I always wanted to create a wall of useless cd/dvd - but no-one will let me
do this....bludgers...
"Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
> On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:
>
> > I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
> > of them as inexpensive gifts...

> Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
> would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.
> --
> "The Bible says you ought not to. It says if you do that, you go
> off to Hades. Some folks call it Hell, I call it Hades."
>
> Now playing: "Rush (with E. Robertson & M. Smith) - Close To The Heart"

AZ Nomad

On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

>> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
>> of them as inexpensive gifts...

>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to keep
moisture off the table.

Tarkus

On 5/10/2005 9:08:58 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:

> On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

>>> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
>>> of them as inexpensive gifts...

>>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
>>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

> Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to keep
> moisture off the table.

I disagree. If the moisture runs off the side and/or causes the coaster
to stick to the glass, in which case it usually runs on whatever you were
trying to protect anyway, what was the point?
--
"Once bread become toast, it can never go back."

Now playing: "10cc - Dreadlock Holiday"

Luhan Monat

****, you mean that they dont *even* make good coasters??? :{

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
http://members.cox.net/berniekm

Oldus Fartus

Luhan Monat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
> (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.

1. Drill holes in them and hang them from fruiting trees - they keep
the birds away.

2. Use them to make mobiles.

3. (My favorite) Print clock faces on them and use them to make small
clocks.

4. Use them as Frisbees.

5. Gently heat them until pliable, and make small planters.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Sharkman@comcast.net

xmas ornaments hanging from the xmas tree..

--

AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

>>> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters
>>> out of them as inexpensive gifts...

>>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
>>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

> Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to
> keep moisture off the table.

andrew.upton4

I just chuck 'em in the bin !
news:4281a77e$0$26836$(E-Mail Removed)...