Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Attn: Joshua Zyber - Question for you on '39 "Four Feathers"

Attn: Joshua Zyber - Question for you on '39 "Four Feathers"

Film Buff

Joshua
I picked this up on DVD today. The Transfer is GREAT!!!
My question is about the running time if you can help
The DVD running time is 115 mins.
My old laserdisc also had a running time of 115 mins. but
ImDb gives the running time as 130 mins. as does the Motion Picture
Guide. and several otherFilm Books
Is the 130 min. running time a roadshow time,or the British running
time and was the film cut for American distribution?
For the life of me I cannot determine if anything is missing.
I am assuming there might have been more scenes filmed in England but
wound up being cut as it wasn't releated to the plot.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks

Joshua Zyber

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joshua
> I picked this up on DVD today. The Transfer is GREAT!!!
> My question is about the running time if you can help
> The DVD running time is 115 mins.
> My old laserdisc also had a running time of 115 mins. but
> ImDb gives the running time as 130 mins. as does the Motion Picture
> Guide. and several otherFilm Books
> Is the 130 min. running time a roadshow time,or the British running
> time and was the film cut for American distribution?
> For the life of me I cannot determine if anything is missing.
> I am assuming there might have been more scenes filmed in England but
> wound up being cut as it wasn't releated to the plot.
> Any help would be appreciated and thanks

Sorry, I don't know much about this one.

Is there a classic movies newsgroup?

Film Buff

Sorry
There isn't
Running times are HELL!!
So many sources list different running times for a film that you don't
know which one is the TRUE running time and it is frustrating

On Sun, 08 May 2005 23:23:57 GMT, "Joshua Zyber"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Joshua
>> I picked this up on DVD today. The Transfer is GREAT!!!
>> My question is about the running time if you can help
>> The DVD running time is 115 mins.
>> My old laserdisc also had a running time of 115 mins. but
>> ImDb gives the running time as 130 mins. as does the Motion Picture
>> Guide. and several otherFilm Books
>> Is the 130 min. running time a roadshow time,or the British running
>> time and was the film cut for American distribution?
>> For the life of me I cannot determine if anything is missing.
>> I am assuming there might have been more scenes filmed in England but
>> wound up being cut as it wasn't releated to the plot.
>> Any help would be appreciated and thanks

>Sorry, I don't know much about this one.
>
>Is there a classic movies newsgroup?

jayembee

Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I don't know much about this one.
>>
>> Is there a classic movies newsgroup?

> Sorry
> There isn't

Isn't what? A classic movies newsgroup?

Sure there is: rec.arts.movies.past-films.

-- jayembee