Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Episode III ?

Star Wars Episode III ?

andrew.upton4

Any idea when this title will be out ?
Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
Christmas time ?

Biz

Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to get
teh best info.

"andrew.upton4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EASee.16993$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any idea when this title will be out ?
> Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
> Christmas time ?

Jay Stewart

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fNSee.713233$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
> theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to
> get
> teh best info.
>

> "andrew.upton4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EASee.16993$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any idea when this title will be out ?
>> Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
>> Christmas time ?

I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

Impmon

On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:54:28 GMT, "andrew.upton4"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any idea when this title will be out ?
>Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
>Christmas time ?

Knowing some underground warez, probably a few days or so before the
movie comes out in theaters.

Legally, the movie should be out before Christmas to take advantage of
the shopping season.

Bill Vermillion

In article <mPSee.1254339$8l.1078712@pd7tw1no>,
Jay Stewart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:fNSee.713233$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
>> theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to
>> get
>> teh best info.
>>

>> "andrew.upton4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:EASee.16993$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any idea when this title will be out ?
>>> Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
>>> Christmas time ?
>>>

>I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

In a complete set of 6, and a special box, at $100 ?

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Galley

On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:54:28 GMT, "andrew.upton4" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>Any idea when this title will be out ?
>Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
>Christmas time ?

There's a Star Wars promotion happening at Burger King in Nov., so that must be
when the DVD is going to be released.

Galley

The Video Poker King

Best guess is that it will come out in the weeks before Christmas.
Great stocking stuffer!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any idea when this title will be out ?
>Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
>Christmas time ?

Incremental Jones

"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

> In a complete set of 6, and a special box, at $100 ?

Nah, Lucas will milk this for all he can as usual. It will come out solo
this Christman and the complete boxed set will be out in Summer or the next
Christmas. Last gasp of breath for standard DVD until the HD DVD set comes
out.

Mark Spatny

The Video Poker King,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Best guess is that it will come out in the weeks before Christmas.
> Great stocking stuffer!

Why do you assume it's a great stocking stuffer? Do you hate the person
you plan to give it to?

Impmon

On Sat, 07 May 2005 12:07:22 GMT, "Incremental Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Nah, Lucas will milk this for all he can as usual. It will come out solo
>this Christman and the complete boxed set will be out in Summer or the next
>Christmas. Last gasp of breath for standard DVD until the HD DVD set comes
>out.

not quite: after the 6 episode box set next year, Lucas will milk some
more by releasing yet another "Special Edition" (read: further hacked)
sometime between then and the release of HD-DVD.

Here's a suggestion for Lucas that will also boost his profit: release
the second trilogy in *original* and unedited form.