Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What is WRONG with NERO?

What is WRONG with NERO?

RichA

Several times I've converted and burned Divx files
using it and with some it stalls at some point
in the process and just doesn't do anthing more
or it reports "burn process failed." By "burn process"
it doesn't mean the actual burning since it fails before
the processing is done.

Meanwhile, I've loaded these same files into WinAVI and it
has no problem converting them to DVD files. Then I
let NERO process and burn those files and it works. I doubt
WinAVI is doing error correction, so what is NERO's
problem? Oh yeah; I own NERO legally but the website
people do not respond to help requests.

lviren

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Several times I've converted and burned Divx files
> using it and with some it stalls at some point
> in the process and just doesn't do anthing more
> or it reports "burn process failed." By "burn process"
> it doesn't mean the actual burning since it fails before
> the processing is done.
>
> Meanwhile, I've loaded these same files into WinAVI and it
> has no problem converting them to DVD files. Then I
> let NERO process and burn those files and it works. I doubt
> WinAVI is doing error correction, so what is NERO's
> problem? Oh yeah; I own NERO legally but the website
> people do not respond to help requests.

I'm in the same boat. I've no idea why it happens.

Dale Rollands

Same problem here, I wish i had never wasted my money on Nero.
I have deleted it from my computer.
Spread the word, NERO SUCKS.
I want my money back.
************************************************** ***************************

lviren wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Several times I've converted and burned Divx files
>>using it and with some it stalls at some point
>>in the process and just doesn't do anthing more
>>or it reports "burn process failed." By "burn process"
>>it doesn't mean the actual burning since it fails before
>>the processing is done.
>>
>>Meanwhile, I've loaded these same files into WinAVI and it
>>has no problem converting them to DVD files. Then I
>>let NERO process and burn those files and it works. I doubt
>>WinAVI is doing error correction, so what is NERO's
>>problem? Oh yeah; I own NERO legally but the website
>>people do not respond to help requests.

> I'm in the same boat. I've no idea why it happens.

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:30:02 -0400, Dale Rollands
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Same problem here, I wish i had never wasted my money on Nero.
>I have deleted it from my computer.
>Spread the word, NERO SUCKS.
>I want my money back.
>************************************************* ****************************

You're all talking about Nero as an AUTHORING program, taking an AVI
and creating a DVD from it. That's not what Nero is for. It's a
BURNING program, for burning files ready to burn... At that it's
outstanding, though Alcohol is better for some applications.

To create a DVD use TmpgDVDauthor or DVDlab, compile it, THEN burn it.
An AVI can be "turned in" to an Mpeg2 with Tmpegenc or Cinemacraft or
Procoder or any good Mpeg2 rendering program (Nero does NOT create
good-quality Mpeg2s!), - then the sound and video files are ASSETS
that are used to create the DVD.

.. Steve ..

>lviren wrote:
>> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Several times I've converted and burned Divx files
>>>using it and with some it stalls at some point
>>>in the process and just doesn't do anthing more
>>>or it reports "burn process failed." By "burn process"
>>>it doesn't mean the actual burning since it fails before
>>>the processing is done.
>>>
>>>Meanwhile, I've loaded these same files into WinAVI and it
>>>has no problem converting them to DVD files. Then I
>>>let NERO process and burn those files and it works. I doubt
>>>WinAVI is doing error correction, so what is NERO's
>>>problem? Oh yeah; I own NERO legally but the website
>>>people do not respond to help requests.

>> I'm in the same boat. I've no idea why it happens.

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

atec

RichA wrote:
> Several times I've converted and burned Divx files
> using it and with some it stalls at some point
> in the process and just doesn't do anthing more
> or it reports "burn process failed." By "burn process"
> it doesn't mean the actual burning since it fails before
> the processing is done.
>
> Meanwhile, I've loaded these same files into WinAVI and it
> has no problem converting them to DVD files. Then I
> let NERO process and burn those files and it works. I doubt
> WinAVI is doing error correction, so what is NERO's
> problem? Oh yeah; I own NERO legally but the website
> people do not respond to help requests.

You need a copy of the Intervideo WinDVD

hkhfyhikyr hkhfyhikyr is offline
Junior Member

Nero is evil!!! I spent hours burning my files to backup DVDs and when i put them in the player there were no files on the DVD. Let me repeat myself Nero is EVIL