Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD's Played through VCR

DVD's Played through VCR

News

I think my VCR is seeing the DVD signal as an attempt to copy and is
screwing up the picture. The TV I use is an older model and doesn't have RCA
jacks. Is it an RF convrter that will fix that problem??

TIA

Joshua Zyber

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think my VCR is seeing the DVD signal as an attempt to copy and is
>screwing up the picture.

That is exactly correct. The Macrovision copy protection signal from the
DVD player will screw up the picture if you connect to a VCR.

> The TV I use is an older model and doesn't have RCA jacks. Is it an RF
> convrter that will fix that problem??

Yes, go to Radio Shack and buy an RF Modulator. You shouldn't have any
problem figuring out which item you need. It's probably the most popular
thing the store sells. They have "DVD" written on the box in big
letters, and around these parts the stores display them in the windows.

Biz

Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or anyplace that
carries av accessories...

"News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think my VCR is seeing the DVD signal as an attempt to copy and is
> screwing up the picture. The TV I use is an older model and doesn't have

RCA
> jacks. Is it an RF convrter that will fix that problem??
>
> TIA

TCS

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:30:05 GMT, Biz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or anyplace that
>carries av accessories...

You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're
talking about.

An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way around
it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on macrovision, or
a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.

Justin

TCS wrote on [Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:37:07 -0500]:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:30:05 GMT, Biz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or anyplace that
>>carries av accessories...

> You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're
> talking about.
>
> An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way around
> it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on macrovision, or
> a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.

You're one to talk. An RF modulator will take input from the DVD player
and connect it to the TV using the antenna/cable in cord.

Rich Clark

TCS wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:30:05 GMT, Biz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or

anyplace that
> >carries av accessories...

> You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what

you're
> talking about.
>
> An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way

around
> it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on

macrovision, or
> a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.

Do you have to plug all the holes in your head to keep the **** from
leaking out?

To the OP: Ignore this moron. Millions of RF modulators are in service
for the specific purpose you require. It's not about "removing
Macrovision." It's that Macrovision is specifically designed to confuse
the video sync circuits in VCRs; using an RF modulator simply converts
the signal to a "broadcast" type signal your TV's antenna jack can pick
up.

RichC

theyak

In article <slrnd5841j.m4v.The-Central-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, The-Central-
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:30:05 GMT, Biz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or anyplace that
> >carries av accessories...

> You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're
> talking about.
>
> An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way around
> it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on macrovision, or
> a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.

Uh, shut up, eh? An RF modulator takes the vcr out of the loop thus
negating the macrovision effect. He's not talking about recording
movies, just watching them.

Cable/antenna coax in - vcr - rf modulator antenna in - tv. That way the
modulator is after the vcr in the loop.

Now go outside and play.

And to the OP, don't go to RadioShack, you'll pay twice as much as you
need to. There's a walmart every 2 miles in any direction, and they all
have these things.

TCS

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:01:58 GMT, theyak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <slrnd5841j.m4v.The-Central-
>(E-Mail Removed)>, The-Central-
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:30:05 GMT, Biz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Yes, you need an RF modulator. Available at Radio Shack, or anyplace that
>> >carries av accessories...

>> You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're
>> talking about.
>>
>> An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way around
>> it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on macrovision, or
>> a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.
>>

>Uh, shut up, eh? An RF modulator takes the vcr out of the loop thus
>negating the macrovision effect. He's not talking about recording
>movies, just watching them.

How, pray tell, does an RF modulator remove macrovision.

It doesn't. If you'd ever used an rf modulator with a dvd player, you'd
know this.

Justin

TCS wrote on [Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:34:42 -0500]:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:01:58 GMT, theyak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In article <slrnd5841j.m4v.The-Central-
>>(E-Mail Removed)>, The-Central-
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>>
>>> You really shouldn't post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're
>>> talking about.
>>>
>>> An RF modulator will NOT remove the macrovision crap. The only way around
>>> it a video input on a TV that is new enough to not barf on macrovision, or
>>> a box like the suma color corrector to remove the macrovision.
>>>

>>Uh, shut up, eh? An RF modulator takes the vcr out of the loop thus
>>negating the macrovision effect. He's not talking about recording
>>movies, just watching them.

> How, pray tell, does an RF modulator remove macrovision.
>
> It doesn't. If you'd ever used an rf modulator with a dvd player, you'd
> know this.

Why are you bringing something into the equation that doesn't need to be
there ?

Rich Clark

TCS wrote:

> How, pray tell, does an RF modulator remove macrovision.
>
> It doesn't. If you'd ever used an rf modulator with a dvd player,

you'd
> know this.

Nobody said an RF modulator "removes macrovision."

Macrovision is not triggered by use of an RF modulator.

The millions of people who are using RF modulators to connect their DVD
players to the RF inputs on their TVs will tell you so.

What's wrong with you?

RichC