Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Does anyone know why MGM's Midnite Movies are not out?

Does anyone know why MGM's Midnite Movies are not out?

bigdaddyhorse

There wqas a slew of MGM Midnight Movies supposed to be released,
including "Panic in the Year Zero"/"Last man On Earth". Does anyone know
why these are not available? Any news from MGM?

Darrel Christenson

bigdaddyhorse wrote:

> There wqas a slew of MGM Midnight Movies supposed to be released,
> including "Panic in the Year Zero"/"Last man On Earth". Does anyone know
> why these are not available? Any news from MGM?

I snagged all that were available from dvdempire,
the bulk of the rest I got from the local Best Buy,
and the couple final ones I was aware of were a
snap to find on eBay.

drc

Dave Garrett

In article <bearlover-A37BE5.13564104042005@newssvr14-
ext.news.prodigy.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> There wqas a slew of MGM Midnight Movies supposed to be released,
> including "Panic in the Year Zero"/"Last man On Earth". Does anyone know
> why these are not available? Any news from MGM?

The release date got pushed back - I think PANIC/LAST MAN is now due out
on June 7.

Dave

Derek Janssen

bigdaddyhorse wrote:
> There wqas a slew of MGM Midnight Movies supposed to be released,
> including "Panic in the Year Zero"/"Last man On Earth". Does anyone know
> why these are not available? Any news from MGM?

The movies that came out last year at this time were Best Buy exclusives
only--
Which may not have ultimately been the sales gimmick MGM thought it was,
and most of '04's Midnight titles (eg. "Ghost in the Invisible Bikini")
seem to be hitting wider re-release this month instead of new
Corman/Arkoff B-titles...Was Panic/Earth one of last year's?

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

JMK

Well some got snuck out early, then. Some friends of mine already have
Panic/Last Man as well as all the others in the latest batch.

The Truth About Frances Farmer:
http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/sheddinglight.html