Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > mpeg to dvd

mpeg to dvd

Peter

Guys
What do I have to to, so that I can put 6 mpeg video clips onto a dvd.
Do I have to convert the mpeg into a diffrent format first, or not.
When I try and make a dvd movie using Nero6, it doent reconise these files.
Thx again
Cheers

Miles Ahead

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:48:50 GMT, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Guys
>What do I have to to, so that I can put 6 mpeg video clips onto a dvd.
>Do I have to convert the mpeg into a diffrent format first, or not.
>When I try and make a dvd movie using Nero6, it doent reconise these files.
>Thx again
>Cheers

The easy way is to burn a DVD data disk(iso) and just put
the mpg files on as data files. My stand-alone dvd player
will play 'em, but they have kind of a washed out look.
It takes more time but I think they'll look better if you
author them as dvd video discs. I use TMPGEnc Plus
to convert to DVD format then DvdAuthorGUI to author
the dvd image.. then burn with Nero. Plus you need to
use some kind of bitrate calculator to know how high
you can set the bitrate during conversion and still fit
all of them on a DVD5 blank.

How it looks will vary by dvd player, so try the dvd
data disc approach first. If it looks hazy compared
to VCD on the same player then authoring might
help the output quality.

You can find more detailed info here:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com

atec