Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Boomtown Season Two

Boomtown Season Two

Ken L. Cheshire

Boomtown Season Two
Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?

Rob

Probably not - there were only 6 episodes and I doubt if this would warrant
a separate release. You'll probably have to find someone who recorded them
all (like me!).

Rob
Canada

"Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kcS3e.15927$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Boomtown Season Two
> Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?

jayembee

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Boomtown Season Two
>> Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?

Nothing's been mentioned.

> Probably not - there were only 6 episodes and I doubt if this
> would warrant a separate release.

Why not? How about...

THE 4400 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
K STREET -- 10 half-hour episodes
KINDRED: THE EMBRACED -- 8 episodes
MI-5 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 1 -- 8 episodes
NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 2 -- 7 episodes
OZ Season 1 -- 8 episodes
OZ Season 2 -- 8 episodes
OZ Season 3 -- 8 episodes
QUANTUM LEAP Season 1 -- 8 episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 1 -- 12 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 2 -- 18 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 3 -- 18 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 4 -- 18 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 5 -- 6 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 3 -- 10 half-hour episodes
TWIN PEAKS Season 1 -- 7 episodes
ULTRAVIOLET -- 6 episodes

Plus lord knows how many 6-or-thereabouts-episode mini-series.

-- jayembee

Rob

Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is coming
back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru season
2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

Rob
Canada

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> Boomtown Season Two
> >> Any news that we'll be seeing it anytime soon? Or even at all?

> Nothing's been mentioned.
>
> > Probably not - there were only 6 episodes and I doubt if this
> > would warrant a separate release.

> Why not? How about...
>
> THE 4400 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
> K STREET -- 10 half-hour episodes
> KINDRED: THE EMBRACED -- 8 episodes
> MI-5 Season 1 -- 6 episodes
> NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 1 -- 8 episodes
> NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season 2 -- 7 episodes
> OZ Season 1 -- 8 episodes
> OZ Season 2 -- 8 episodes
> OZ Season 3 -- 8 episodes
> QUANTUM LEAP Season 1 -- 8 episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 1 -- 12 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 2 -- 18 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 3 -- 18 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 4 -- 18 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 5 -- 6 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
> SEX AND THE CITY Season 6 Volume 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
> STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 1 -- 10 half-hour episodes
> STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 2 -- 10 half-hour episodes
> STRANGERS WITH CANDY Season 3 -- 10 half-hour episodes
> TWIN PEAKS Season 1 -- 7 episodes
> ULTRAVIOLET -- 6 episodes
>
> Plus lord knows how many 6-or-thereabouts-episode mini-series.
>
> -- jayembee

jayembee

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is coming
> back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
> City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru season
> 2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
> long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

Not really. The one thing that all TV shows have in common -- whether
short-run or long-run, current or cancelled, ongoing or mini -- is
that the studio that owns them wants to make money.

I don't know how well the S1 set of BOOMTOWN sold, but if it did well,
then Lions Gate (or Warner, in the UK) is going to want to release the
S2 episodes, whether there are 6 or 16 of them. Because if the S1 set
sold well, then chances are the S2 set will, as well. And that will
make it worth their while to do it.

-- jayembee

Rob

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Most of the series you mention are continuing series (eg: The 4400 is

coming
> > back, S2 of MI-5 is out now, etc.) or completed series (eg: Sex and the
> > City). Boomtown isn't/didn't - it was cancelled 1/3 of the way thru

season
> > 2. Others such as 'Kindred' were intended to be short run series (like a
> > long mini-series). You're comparing apples to oranges here ...

> Not really. The one thing that all TV shows have in common -- whether
> short-run or long-run, current or cancelled, ongoing or mini -- is
> that the studio that owns them wants to make money.
>
> I don't know how well the S1 set of BOOMTOWN sold, but if it did well,
> then Lions Gate (or Warner, in the UK) is going to want to release the
> S2 episodes, whether there are 6 or 16 of them. Because if the S1 set
> sold well, then chances are the S2 set will, as well. And that will
> make it worth their while to do it.

You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

Rob

moljon moljon is offline
Junior Member

You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

Rob, How would one go about seeing these last six episodes of Boomtown ? I have been searching for them and your post here explains alot. I really would like to see the last six if possible. Thanks, jon of moljon

RobHHunt RobHHunt is offline
Junior Member

You could be right ... time will tell. In the meantime, I have them all on
DVD-R (off air) if anyone needs to see them now.

Rob[/QUOTE]

DO you really, I have been begging to get these episodes....how can i talk you into sending me a copy?????

RobHHunt RobHHunt is offline
Junior Member

If anyone has these...hook a guy up!

truballer4life_35 truballer4life_35 is offline
Junior Member

Where are the lost 6 episodes!?!

Boomtown Season Two poohie Media 0 06-11-2009 05:28 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: CHAPPELLE'S SHOW: SEASON TWO, THE WEST WING: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 06-01-2005 08:11 AM
Boomtown Season 2? Machina3317 DVD Video 21 07-30-2004 03:06 AM
New Releases: Hidalgo, Boomtown & Some Oldies: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists. Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 05-13-2004 04:07 AM
Boomtown R1 or R2? Josh DVD Video 1 11-08-2003 01:13 PM

Advertisments