Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition - any info?

Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition - any info?

Jim S.

From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

--
Jim S.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

Jim S. wrote:
> From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
> original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
> edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

I'm just hoping for better video quality.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

RichA

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:11:22 -0600, "Jim S."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
>original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
>edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

It would be good, but you could always dupe the LD documentary onto
a DVD too.
-Rich

Rupert Pupkin

Wow, yet another edition of Jaws. Hey, I hope on disc 2, they have a
series of interviews where people talk about how the shark didn't work.
Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

Mike

Yet another? This is the second...

Rupert Pupkin wrote:

> Wow, yet another edition of Jaws. Hey, I hope on disc 2, they have a
> series of interviews where people talk about how the shark didn't work.
> Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

jeffy3@hotmail.com

Don't forget how they filmed in cold weather and how freezing the water
was.

Steve K.

So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc documentary?
20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be longer.

Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary every
5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

Jim S.

"Steve K." wrote:

> So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc documentary?
> 20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
> Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be longer.
>
> Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary every
> 5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

The original documentary is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. It is incredibly
detailed and in chronological order. It is the best documentary I have seen
on DVD so far. The one on the 25th anniversary DVD is terrible edited and
seems all chopped up, especially after viewing the first one.

--
Jim S.

reidca

Jim S. wrote:
> "Steve K." wrote:
>
> > So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc

documentary?
> > 20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
> > Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be

longer.

> > Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary

every
> > 5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

> The original documentary is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. It is

incredibly
> detailed and in chronological order. It is the best documentary I

have seen
> on DVD so far. The one on the 25th anniversary DVD is terrible

edited and
> seems all chopped up, especially after viewing the first one.
>

> --
> Jim S.

they've done this a few times.. cuckoo's nest doco is shorter on dvd
than on ld, bits of the ET doco were dropped on the DVD (Han Solo's
deleted scene maybe?). might be *length* issues, or rights.....