Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HELP!!! Which LCD TV has the smallest pixel resolution?

HELP!!! Which LCD TV has the smallest pixel resolution?

Edward Holub

Hey folks,
I just got back from BEST BUY and saw a Westinghouse LTV-32w1 and to my
naked eye had the smallest pixel resolution.
Any other opinions as to the size on other LCD TV's?
Thanks.
Eddie

d a v e

"Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gLl2e.4014$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hey folks,
> I just got back from BEST BUY and saw a Westinghouse LTV-32w1 and to

my
> naked eye had the smallest pixel resolution.
> Any other opinions as to the size on other LCD TV's?
> Thanks.
> Eddie

explain what you mean by 'pixel resolution'.
i think what your looking for is the actual resolution of the set, thinking
that the more pixel's, the smaller they are, etc...
most of the rear projection lcd t.v.'s are using a 1280 x 720 resolution. a
42" model and a 70" model will have the same number of pixels, but from the
same distance to both sets, the 42" set's pixels will look 'smaller' since
it's panels are smaller.

you should really figure out how far from your set your going to be sitting
and use that to determine what size set to get. too close to a large set
will show the pixels more and too far from a smaller set will negate the
whole idea of a 'big screen t.v.'

d a v e

Ed Kim

Edward Holub wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I just got back from BEST BUY and saw a Westinghouse LTV-32w1 and

to my
> naked eye had the smallest pixel resolution.
> Any other opinions as to the size on other LCD TV's?
> Thanks.
> Eddie

do you mean "smallest pixels" or "highest resolution"? or do you
really mean "smallest (lowest) resolution"?

-goro-